FRAM vs. NAPA (Wix) comparison

HRH

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's probably in the back somewhere. We needed to make room for the new product so it had to get shelved.

The Purolator boss claims that it has 99.x filtration efficiency. And it has a nice metallic black paint scheme.

The PureOne filters are changing to "One" and are now blue and non textured rather than yellow and textured.

If I can find the old display I'll get some pics. They are all filters for a GM 3800.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Matt - Seems a good place to remind everyone the filter that fits most Fords of a few years ago is a proper replacement on L-series engines. WIX number is 51515 I'm pretty sure. I learned that from you in a post you made some time ago. I was a bit skeptical, but my local guy looked it up and every spec in his book was the same - thread size, relief pressure, etc. Except the 51515 is longer, so I would think more filter area, and cheaper than the smaller Datsun size filter. Any parts store in the boonies will have a Ford filter in stock, too. Maybe not so much with the fits-Datsun one.

Len

My Napa always sells me a Ford filter for Z24s. I always get the gold ones.