610/710 Fiberglass coming soon!

Bwana

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Okay 610 people, I have some good news! 610 Fiberglass is finished and available! Here's some pictures and details.

Hood: Full framework (nice and rigid) with captive nuts installed for hinges and latch. These ship oversize, please be aware when ordering.

Price: $485

P1010110.jpg

P1010111.jpg

Trunklid: Full framework (nice and rigid) with captive nuts installed for hinges and latch.

Price: $395

P1010115.jpg

P1010114.jpg

Front Valence: Exact copy of a '73 valence.

Price: $195

P1010112.jpg

P1010113.jpg

Chin Spoiler: I don't have pictures of this yet but here's one from the original car.

Price: $185

23284290156_large.jpg

Front Fenders: Flares reproduced from the original Bob Sharp #33 610.

Price: $295 each.

P1010108.jpg

P1010106.jpg

P1010107.jpg

P1010109.jpg

Rear Flares: These are also molded directly off of the Bob Sharp #33 610.

Price: $225 per set.

P1010046.jpg

We've had these produced locally from a high quality source using the best original examples we could find to produce the molds. The fit and finish is better than any fiberglass panels I've ever worked with before. We're making them robust enough that you shouldn't have any concern using them on a street car whatsoever!

For more info hit me up here or contact Les at Classic Datsun. :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

*Update*

710 Chin spoilers are finished and available for $195. I'll try to get some pictures of the spoilers up shortly!

now, can you get me a 610 wagon rear hatch in fiberglass with lexan window and fiberglss leaf springs to save weight? seriously ? this stuff is great... but i need to lighten the ass end of the wagon!

If you sent us a clean original hatch we could have one made for you. It would likely be prohibitively expensive because you would have to pay for the mold (which you would subsequently own). One-off parts are not cheap!

now, can you get me a 610 wagon rear hatch in fiberglass with lexan window and fiberglss leaf springs to save weight? seriously ? this stuff is great... but i need to lighten the ass end of the wagon!

Swap an H-165 710 rear axle in.

Quick update for you guys: We have an early version of a 710 lip similar to the one posted above coming from the east coast so we can replicate it. We're slammed with projects for the historics right now so the glass production is moving a bit slower than we hoped. Rest assured, at some point in the not-to-distant future it will be available! We're launching a new website soon so check there for updates!

Do you have a web site to contact? This is a great product. Aside from US, Oz, NZ, EU and plenty other markets are available.

Classicdatsun.com would be the place to go and we will send out a photo of the new 710 front spoiler which is an original off the dave frellsen 710 race car it looks fantastic and unfortunately we cannot fit it to our 710 racecar since the valance is not straight enough to mount it. So I guess that means we may make the 710 front valance and front fenders next. Followed by the hood and trunk and rear flares. But it is going to take some time to get it all done as our model is an active vintage race car.

Les

Hi Les,

That's really exciting to see the 610 get it's parts reproduced.  Now where were you when I needed flares back in 1980?!  LOL!  I did make a 3 piece spoiler out of Bob Sharp's 'glass rear spoiler and molded onto my decklid of my 610 coupe way long ago.

Will you be reproducing BSR's 610 rear spoiler also?

Real nice work Les.

Ernie

Classicdatsun.com would be the place to go and we will send out a photo of the new 710 front spoiler which is an original off the dave frellsen 710 race car it looks fantastic and unfortunately we cannot fit it to our 710 racecar since the valance is not straight enough to mount it. So I guess that means we may make the 710 front valance and front fenders next. Followed by the hood and trunk and rear flares. But it is going to take some time to get it all done as our model is an active vintage race car.

Les

I have a spare 710 front valance For Sale if you are interested,

8010117728_7fbf377b4e_c.jpg