What's the Pattern of a stock 510,what wheels will fit?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good place to start. http://kmhafer.datsu.../wheelchart.htm

My experience with aftermarket wheels and sedans is that you can go from 13 to 17, but I think anything bigger than 15 looks weird. You can go up to 7" wide easily (without flares), I would recommend going with roughly a 0 offset wheel and 280zx struts or a little higher offset if using the stock struts. One thing to consider if you are unsure of wheel fitment is you can always space up from a higher positive offset, but if the offset is too negative, there's not much you can do (excluding 280zx calipers which bring the front track in a bit).

Edit: Damn, forgot to say that this information is readily available, and you should have searched a little harder before starting a new thread.

Edit 2: I was running the 15x6 87-88 Maxima wheels, they had +44 offset, and I was running 12.7mm (.5") spacers (which makes it +31.3mm offset). With this etup, the wheels were fairly pulled back (narrow looking track, especially in the back).

SDC10445.jpg

Now I've got some 15x7 +0 Konig Rewinds on the car, with 205/50 Direzzas, on it. The fronts are poking out a bit, necessitating 280zx struts (or higher offset wheels). The rears are just about perfect, but I am going to need to raise my ride height a touch, and roll the fenders.

Very termporarily I had some of my GSL-SE RX-7's wheels (14x5.5 +42) on the front of the 510, I believe I had to run a full inch of spacers to keep something from rubbing, but I don't remember what or why.