mklotz70 NL320

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Mike are the G-engine motor mounts in the same place as the r16? Meaning not close to the E1(And thus the J and the C also aren't the same as the r16)?

I guess I am wondering if the only the C, E,and J share motor mount locations with each other?

Man I love visiting this thread.

• Like 1

The G15 and R16 mounts are in the same location.....for the most part, the blocks are interchangeable.

I don't know off hand, how the mount position on those engines compares to the E/J/C positions.

I hope my engines survive....the swap won't be happening this winter......maybe next?

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

Geez! What a pain to find my own threads now! Probably half of the ones I've started don't shop up under my content in my profile anymore! What's up with that?!!! Real PITA! :) Anyway......

Took my buddy Dave and the NL for a bit of a drive today. From my house, to Dave's, to Antique Powerland in Brooks, OR, then up to McMinnville(air museum), then Newberg(yello620's), then home....about 150.....148 to be exact!

We had a blast. Even when the throttle cable snapped! We only had about 2/3 throttle for the last 1/3rd of the trip. Went fine on the flat...didn't care for the hills much :) We even met a couple of new dato guys when we finished with lunch at 5 guys. They should show up to BL.

Here's some of the pics from the day. There's more in the PB folder....I just didn't want to pollute my build thread with all of them. :)

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k162/mklotz70/Misc%20pics2/Powerland%20Trip/

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

What an awesome day!!!! Got an awesome steering wheel from yello!! Thanks!!! More on that shortly! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I told my GF you sold it. She just didnt understand. In my mind I think you sold it because you ran out of problems with it. You were no longer fabricating stuff every other day. Amazing work Mike and I am sure the new owner is going to be happy with "mikes NL"

• Like 2

HOLY SHIRT . . . :confused:

I'm floored . . .

It's like the end of an era!

Mike, you have been my hero since I joined Ratsun. I'm sorry to see the NL go. I hope you chose the new owner carefully! I will be watching. If there is ONE screw up the NL is mine, but I'm sure he read that in the contract!

• Like 1

Mike I found it hard to believe at first when you told me as well. I do understand how you are and what interests you, so it's not totally unbelievable.

It's always fun to watch you get another one running. Can't wait to see your next projects.

"there just a canvas"

• Like 2

You pretty much hit the nail on the head!!!! I was done with nearly everything I wanted to figure out on it. I've got plenty of other rigs to do upholstery on, so doing it to this one wasn't critical. Rear discs were the other thing...which I can do on Mend. So, it basically became a really cool driver....one I had to wash, check the oil on, do service and repair work to......all the boring stuff. I'll miss taking it to shows, but it was time. If it had stayed with me, it would have deteriorated even more...the new owner is already trying to decide on paint :)

• Like 1

Since this is the build thread, I thought I put a link to the carb swap that just got completed today. I probably should have put it in this thread, but I didn't....not sure why :)

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/23024-e1-carb-swap/

edit......the links never seem to work with the "community" in them.....if you remove that, it should work...

Edited by mklotz70
fix link
  • Like 1

The book of mKlotz is extensive and constantly under construction. The NL is just a completed chapter. :)

Thats not to say that I won't miss the NL. Shows won't be he same w/o it. Hope the new owner lets us have a glimpse every now and again.

-B

• Like 1

LOL!!! I didn't realize there was another page already....my response about "hitting the nail on the head" was in regards to Javin's post.

Like Icehouse said....and I've always said, they're just the canvas, or "excuse" to build stuff. I had no desire to do the paint/bodywork on the NL and the new owner does....the the NL definitely upgraded owners at this point.

Thanks for all the kind words!! Owning the NL certainly put me in a unique position. The rig garnered tons of attention because it was so rare and unique....but not so much because of anything I had done. I still have a lot of ideas for Mend, which I'm hoping, will stand out more because of what I do to it than because of what it is. Does that make any sense? :) Anyway....

The new owner lives in Vancouver. I drove over there, we went to Camas, then back to my place in Gresham....the rig really does run nice out on the highway. He goes by wayno on here. http://community.ratsun.net/user/5657-wayno/ He's doing the extended 521.

I've learned some major life lessons lately about myself, which made it a lot easier to let go of the NL. 6mo ago...even a month ago...I would have sold it for the wrong reasons. It drove away today for all the right reasons.....but that doesn't mean there won't be times I miss the hell out of it!! :)

• Like 1

The book of mKlotz is extensive and constantly under construction. The NL is just a completed chapter. :)

Thats not to say that I won't miss the NL. Shows won't be he same w/o it. Hope the new owner lets us have a glimpse every now and again.

-B

Part of the plan is that by me having less projects, I can do more of the kind of thing I've done for you on your rig :)

• Like 1