Strut rod

Brian D

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am doing the 720 lower arms on my 520 and i need to know what the angle is on the strut rod and mount to the frame

Do you have custom lower arms? If you are talking about the angle of the LCA, that is for the alignment guy. If you have that guys custom upper and lower arms for the balljoint conversion, he was supposed to have a turnbuckle of some type that went from the LCA to the frame somehow, for that very issue. I realize I might not be talking about what you are, if so I am sorry, I myself put 620 balljoint LCAs/spindles on my 521, and used the 620 strut rods, and used 620 bushings all around, and that barely worked, as the 620 strut rods are bigger than the 520/21 struts, and barely fit in the 521 front mount holes, I tried the 720 struts/bushings in the front strut mount holes, they wound not fit, but I had to try, as they were easier to come by than the 620 bushings. If you are using stock 720 lower arms, we need to talk, really. You would be better off grafting a 720 front clip onto your 520 frame, or better yet dropping your 520 cab onto a 720 frame.