Mid Winter Start

Well the last time I had my goon going was Nov. early December? So time to warm her up. Door was frozen shut (Canadian theft deterrence) because of below freezing weather all week. Had to connect up the dizzy and a few other things. Battery barely turned it over it's been sitting too long in the cold. Oh well hook the charger up and go have a coffee.

Half hour later fire up and let warm thoroughly in driveway. Had to soak up all the condensation with paper towels. Took for a drive down the block to circulate the tranny/diff oil and use the hydraulic brakes and clutch and to polish the rotors. Wow runs good! Parked it and disabled it until next time.

Wonder if a boot drier would keep the condensation down inside? These are the ones like those small packets you find in camera cases that absorb moisture out of the air to prevent rust. These you place in oven to dry them out and reuse. http://www.myboatsgear.com/mbg/product.asp?prodID=1107

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the last time I had my goon going was Nov. early December? So time to warm her up. Door was frozen shut (Canadian theft deterrence) because of below freezing weather all week. Had to connect up the dizzy and a few other things. Battery barely turned it over it's been sitting too long in the cold. Oh well hook the charger up and go have a coffee.

Half hour later fire up and let warm thoroughly in driveway. Had to soak up all the condensation with paper towels. Took for a drive down the block to circulate the tranny/diff oil and use the hydraulic brakes and clutch and to polish the rotors. Wow runs good! Parked it and disabled it until next time.

Wonder if a boot drier would keep the condensation down inside? These are the ones like those small packets you find in camera cases that absorb moisture out of the air to prevent rust. These you place in oven to dry them out and reuse.

http://www.myboatsgear.com/mbg/product.asp?prodID=1107

People with damp cellars go to whatever passes for Home Depot up there and buy dessicant by the pailful or very large bar. Might be what you need, open the bucket and set it inside, stir once in a while.

• Like 1

haha. I just replaced the fuel pump in my ex's van last night. its been sitting for a few months. She got in it, and there was mold all over the place and a fuck ton of condensation.

What i did was got one of those little 20 dollar heaters that rotate. Left it on high, had an extension chord going to the house, plugged it in when I wanted it to dry up.

http://www.westmarin...44&ci_sku=12113

maybe this would work???? a friend of mine has a few larger ones in his basement

I looked for the name of that thing for about a half an hour..My nephew uses two of those in his 89 buick and they seem to work really well..And he lives up in Forks so the rain patterns should be close..

Hey Mike, you might want to check your windshield and back glass seals too. When it rains, my back window leaks. I've seen that on a lot of 620s, one of the reasons the floor boards rot out in front.

Everything seems dry. It's just the humidity and the cold. Dampness just gets in. I have a big fan I can stick in the back to circulate the air. Set on low and run for a few hrs with the window down an inch. Makes me wonder how the sedan is. I have it under a car cover. It's all sealed up now and painted nice, but when I got it the windshield leaked so bad the plug in the floor was left out for drainage. :lol: