240Z Show Car Build Up

Datsun Parts

Some more dumb ways to waste money. Here is my polished and painted transmission that no one will ever really see once its installed, so enjoy this one photo.

IMG_0769.jpg

OK so I got what like 7-8 working days left to get this thing finished for the MSA show...tic tic tic lots of work to install all of this.

IMG_0768.jpg

Well at least most of the interior is done.

IMG_0766.jpg

More polished, painted and billet goodies that is hardly seen.

IMG_0765.jpg

As of today this is how it sits. Aw geez too much work to do I wish I was 20 again and could pull all nighters!

IMG_0763.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn I need a can of gas and a lighter....... This thing is going to make most Z's look like a turd!!!!!!!!!!!!

word. :bye:

Some more dumb ways to waste money. Here is my polished and painted transmission that no one will ever really see once its installed, so enjoy this one photo.

IMG_0769.jpg

OK so I got what like 7-8 working days left to get this thing finished for the MSA show...tic tic tic lots of work to install all of this.

IMG_0768.jpg

Well at least most of the interior is done.

IMG_0766.jpg

More polished, painted and billet goodies that is hardly seen.

IMG_0765.jpg

As of today this is how it sits. Aw geez too much work to do I wish I was 20 again and could pull all nighters!

IMG_0763.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Hes at the show.I saw him on friday the car looks really good he was working his ass off to get finished for the show.

Yeah he made it to the MSA show. Car looks way better than the pics. Al won best engine bay.....

Thanks for all the kind words. I am going to take a break for a few weeks and then finish up the details. I am sponsoring the the Z Car Convention in AZ this year so it will be ready by then. Here are a couple of photos I took before it went in the corner under a cover.

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally got my CV adaptor from Modern Motorsports, took over a month and it was a hassle to deal with them. Product looks nice, got my ZX turbo CVs all rebuilt and new should make a big difference mated with the 3.9 Diff. It was a pain to find, remove, clean and replace to the 280Z 27 spline axles but thats done too.

3a81d183.jpg

• 2 months later...

It been awhile since I updated this post, simply because there was nothing happening but waiting for parts and time to install them. Thanks to Juan at K&E for developing my rear Lower Control Arms. Now I can mount my CV axles. Pulled the engine out today to button up the power steering plumbing, figured out the exhaust system and working on the transmission and clutch next.

As always the elite staff of Juan and Jose at R Rated are helping me get this project done right. We have about 8 weeks of work to finish in time for JCCS just a few weeks away.

The 100 wire stand Alone AEM ECU also has to be completed.

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...