• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I got her -

2011-12-16009.jpg

Currently -

005.jpg

Of course money and life always want to hold me down.... That and the fact that being active duty military = huge headache of many requirements to even ride. 4 more years until I retire, then I'll ride freely.

thats a picture from last year, my transmission procrastination project currently resides in that spot...

Do want !

• Like 1

Love the CX Deluxe. Yours?

No, it was my buddied resto-project, you should've seen how much of a pile it looked like when he got it. definitely a fun bike to ride, sounded pretty good too with the straight pipes. He actually just sold it to move down south, now he daily's an r6.

Here's my 1977 Honda 400F Super Sport.  3 owner, 7000 miles.  These pictures were before I finished polishing the chrome and paint, and replacing the broken turn signal and mirror.

0022.jpg

0052.jpg

0084.jpg

I also have 4 Honda Z50's. This one is a '69.  I still have the original running engine, but just for shits, I put this 125cc engine in it.... Like anything else, once you go with a bigger engine, you can't go back!  So I bought two more of these engines for my other bikes.  I haven't built those yet.

DSCN1157.jpg

I regret Selling this bike everyday.  1965 Norton Atlas with the Featherbed frame.  I'd love to build a Cafe Racer and this one was perfect, especially since I only paid $100 for it.

I also regret selling that Mail Truck.  I had the most fun using that for a daily driver.  That Mail truck I got for Free, put $300 in it, and drove it to class everyday, back in college.

CIMG6263.jpg

CIMG6206.jpg

• Like 3

Ha!  I didn't want to sell.  I bought it when my wife went off to Basic Training for the Army.  Well to be fair, I bought the Norton, a '68 VW bus, a 1935 Chevy truck cab, 1938 Chevy cab, and a 1940 Chevy cab, a 1936 Chevy sedan frame, and a bunch of Rat Rod parts.  My wife went livid.  She made me sell it, one because she was pissed, and two we had to move.  Mind you, I have a history of buying vehicles and parts at the wrong time.  There was this one time, a buddy of mine stumbled on the salvage yard.  We asked the guy if he had any old stuff.... He said "Well, let me show you..." There were a couple truck cabs, a Model A body outside, and two huge barns full of parts stuffed to the rafters.  He told us we had to buy it all.  I can't remember, I think we paid $1500 for it all....  Asking my wife to spend the money was one thing, the other problem was she was sick that day, and that day happened to be her Birthday!  

That was how life used to be with my wife and money.  I did make my wife a deal when I sold the Norton.  The money I got from the Norton went into a "Car Fund" (a checking account I opened at our bank).  The money in that account is mine and mine alone.  I use it to make my vehicle and parts purchases when ever I want.  Now I don't have to ask to buy a car, as long as the money comes out of my account. 

So there was some good out of selling the Norton.  It just pains me when I watch "Cafe Racer" on Velocity.  I so want to build a Triton or use a Featherbed frame to build something more modern. 

Yeah, the engine is a Lifan 125cc direct bolt in, with a semi auto like the original.  If I remember right it's a 4spd too vs the original 3sp.  The cylinder is a little longer than the 50cc, but no issues.  The wiring is a little different, but no big deal there.  The only issue is; the petcock for the gas tank gets in the way of putting an air filter on the the carb.  I'm sure there is some easy rigging that can be done, I just haven't taken the time tackle that.

• 5 weeks later...

goldwing I traded my red 1.8L miata for since getting a 97 M edition at a steal.

2JP5S2i.jpg

1977 GL1000 75k on the clock but runs great.  I've already put over 500 miles on it, plus plasti dipped it, I plan on changing its look but right now more focused on datsun work then motorcycle.

• Like 1

yeah, I had one when I was 16, was very fun. I wish I had "that" one today.

I'm still not content with the tank on this one, it's just taped on for the picture at the moment.

Can't wait to get ahead on bills and get back into some projects.