Ratsun Member's Motorcycles

This was my last ped on the sad day I was selling them off. This one had a Minirelli V1 with a Polini 70 kit pipe and 14 Dellorto carb. Good for about 50mph. I put a lot of time into this bike making it a ratty cafe inspired bike. Stripped it down to the frame and repacked all bearings, rewired the entire bike, new tires and tubes. The other is a Sachs Foxy, another cool bike but not as desirable  as the Cimatti was. Do miss having a two wheel option. Prior to these I had a 1984 Yamaha RZ350, my dream bike, it was even the Kenny Roberts yellow and black. It had the only pair of Micron GP pipes I have ever seen on one. Both pipes exited on the same side. Pretty trick and scarey fast. Love the 2strokes. I still have my thumper WR400 woods beast

DSC_0013_zpsecea81d0.jpg

DSC_0012_zps5555095e.jpg

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a beast of a bike. And true about the grunt of these big thumpers, as long as you can hang on not much will stop them. I did the poker run out there two years ago. I did the loop three times for a total of almost 75 miles. I had just got the bike two weeks before and blew out my forks on the gnarly whoops and was just about crippled the next day.

• 4 weeks later...

This is the current xs650 hardtail bobber, nothing premade as far as hardtail kits are concerned. I've bought scrapmetal, and a scrap bike, and used thrown out parts... The last picture may be a little hard to tell what's going on, but basically is a "reverse solo-sprung floating seat". I'll post more pics as I can...

The fender is unique as far as I know, haven't been able to spot anything like it. It too is a first for me, so we'll soon see the end result on it as well.

There lurks a 76 FXE (my bike) in the background, i'm cutting my teeth on this one and honing my skills before I build "my bike". The bobber is mine too, but eventually will go down the road.

• 3 weeks later...

generally not a good idea to start with a honda vfour, they're incredibly fast and powerful and not for the beginner but I'm diggin the bike. I still needa get some shots of my Suzuki madura Vfour's and put them up here. My brother has a v65 magna and a vmax that could compete with that vfr. I'd say my madura could compete with it but thats not competing, thats just a slaughter.

generally not a good idea to start with a honda vfour, they're incredibly fast and powerful and not for the beginner but I'm diggin the bike. I still needa get some shots of my Suzuki madura Vfour's and put them up here. My brother has a v65 magna and a vmax that could compete with that vfr. I'd say my madura could compete with it but thats not competing, thats just a slaughter.

I've been riding it for 2 years now. As a starter, i agree... Not for everyone. But i watched my buddy buy a ninja 250 and a month later he was bored. So i just bought big and learned. Still ride it all summer long. Haven't maxed it out yet. But close. :)