Adjust the forum time to your local time.

Ok so when I post.. the time is like 3 hours off... I guess when i signed up i was in a hurry and just tabbed right through the time zone section...

--I changed the subject to reflect the contents of this thread; it seems to be useful for others as well. It wasn't a very stupid stupid question at all. :)

Thom

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so when I post.. the time is like 3 hours off... I guess when i signed up i was in a hurry and just tabbed right through the time zone section...

Ok I just saw the "all times are gmt + 8 thing,

Im in central..

mountain one hour

pacific two hours

whats with the three hours diffrence,

Well, the default time for Ratsun is Pacific Standard Time, because that's where Jeff and I are. You can change your local time, however, by going into your user control panel. From inside User CP, click on "edit options" and scroll down a bit; you should see an option for changing your local time. :)

what im saying is it is now 8:23, im in central.. mountain time right now its 7:23 and pacific time right now should be 6:23... but the post will be listed at 5:23, what is that "Middle of the Pacific" time?

what im saying is it is now 8:23, im in central.. mountain time right now its 7:23 and pacific time right now should be 6:23... but the post will be listed at 5:23, what is that "Middle of the Pacific" time?

I'm unsure what you mean. . . I see your post time at 6:27, which would be 2 hours difference from central time. It doesn't change from 6:27 whether I'm logged in or not--I changed my setting to GMT -6:00, and I see 8:27. . . Unless I'm completely mistaken to what you've said, perhaps there's a bug in the forum software? :confused:

It sounds like you need to go into edit options in the user cp and change the time zone setting to GMT -6:00 (Central Time) if you've already done that and it's still off by an hour change the setting to EST or MST setting to compensate. That or just move to somewhere in the Mountain Standard Time zone ;)