Duncan

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would be Mark, actually :)

I have pretty-much one beer a day after dinner.  Notice the Mexico-bottled Cokes under the beer..That's the shit right there.  I only have one of those occasionally because I am trying to keep my girlish figure in my old age..

I thought this would make a funny photo.  My 510 wagon door graveyard:

deaddoors.jpg

I still have two more to add to the pile...

Sorry Mark i new that i was texting john when i wrote his name hear. Your much better looking .

Here's the look for Mr Big.

Finally got these fenders all blocked out.  I put one last coat of primer, but reduced down about 25 percent.  I have some Candy Apple Red lacquer that I use for guidecoat for final sanding.  When the primer gun is empty, I just pour some guidecoat right into the same gun.  I don't bother cleaning it so the paint and primer mix a bit..  The C.A.R. color with the grey primer gives it a pink/purple pearl look to it.  

This could be a new ratrod style instead of just primer :)

fenred.jpg

I'm thinking the green truck with the pink pearl could set a new trend.  :thumbup:

fenred1.jpg

Got one fender sanded today then ran out of steam.  I'm hoping to get the insides of the fenders painted tomorrow.

• Like 3

Thanks fellas.  I still have Vertigo, and tomorrow is my second visit to the UCI spine center.  I'm hanging in there though.  Thanks for the kind words.

Mr Big, I ike your new wagon.  That things looks clean and in mostly original shape!

• Like 1

Lookin good Fucker!!!

I bought Ray's long champs, Just let me know when you want yours back. I'll bring them down to you if needed. Hope you get good news from the Dr.

• Like 3

Thanks John.  Just hang onto them for now if you have the room.

Just got back from the spine doc, and I may have caught a break.  He was pretty confident this is caused be a kidney stone.  I'll take that any day over a messed up spine.  I need to see a urologist to confirm, but again, at my age the news could have been much worse.  I'm not jumping for joy, but it's a much easier fix than anything back related.  

I have to see my Doc later today, so no fender work going on today :(

Lookin good Fucker!!!

I bought Ray's long champs, Just let me know when you want yours back. I'll bring them down to you if needed. Hope you get good news from the Dr.

• Like 1

Your not that old Bro. I'm right behind you. Gonna be 60 in a few days. And like Tanker said, Your way better looking than me. So you must be in better health as well.

Hope you get more good news today.

And yes I'll just hang on to them. I have plenty of room not a problem.

• Like 2

Looks like March 7 is the big day..

I just turned 60 a few weeks ago.  I guess Datrod is younger than me by a few weeks :confused: :poop: :poop: :poop:

And thanks for all the well wishes.  I appreciate it.  Didn't mean to turn this thread into my personal health blog :)

• Like 1

We just want you to finish that wagon. If you need any help let me know. Two old ass worn out dudes can get a little done before nap time.

Well at least it's not 77 pages of parts collection and no wagon. :confused: :confused: 

• Like 3

Thanks John,

The plan is paint the engine bay, slap new gaskets on the L20, install motor and trans, rewrap and install the wiring harnesses and get the thing moving and stopping on it's own.  Once that's done, it's paint the shell, assemble, and get the bugs worked out.  All the fun stuff like chrome, interior pieces, can come later at my leisure.

I'm looking at buying a clean hood this Sunday, so even though I am not quite back to my old self, I'm still moving on it.

I'm sorta hoping to have it ready by JCCS, but I'm not showing it until it's all back together, so we'll see.. 

• Like 2

These fenders were the very first items I worked on when I started this project.  (I looked, and they are on page one of this thread) Even though they were pretty straight, these needed a LOT of detail work.    

The insides are painted, and the outer skins are also ready to paint.  In between Dr visits, I'm able to squeeze some time in to work on them.

insfen.jpg

ofndr.jpg

• Like 6