Duncan's 71 "Oz" Goon

Duncan

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The guys in the shop with Tigers say the same thing :)  With a manual trans, the parking brake isn't terribly necessary, but I like it for "peace of mind" when parking on a hill.  I hardly ever use the one in my daily driver.  I just think it should have one.  Just deleting it is kinda cheesy, IMHO.

Don't sit on it getting in ;)

Damn,

Got to the shop today, and my friend who owns the shop comes out of his room and informs me he think's he's getting sick and goes back to bed. 

He says he doubts he has the flu, but I was there about 20 minutes or less, then got the hell out of there..

Quick question.  I went back to the headliner portion of this little story as I am getting ready to do one in my wagon and......When you did the headliner did you start in the middle, start at the back, or start at the front?

Now, I realize your memory is as wonderful as mine so if you don't remember I won't hold it against you.

Seems to me that I put all the bows up, then started gluing the edges from the front to the back. 

Binder clips are your friend here...

And, I tried to find that section here on this thread and it reminded me that I have lost two free photo hosting sites during the life of this thread.  I should get all the photos and throw them up on a site somewhere with a link to them all..

Now, I realize your memory is as wonderful as mine so if you don't remember I won't hold it against you.

• Like 1

Damn.  The hood on this car was was laser straight and had really great paint.  However, I was tweaking the fit a bit, and I managed to put a dent in it by pushing on the top of it a bit too hard.  It was repaired and repainted, and I wasn't happy with it so..

hoode1.jpg

I pulled it outside today and got started on it.

hoode2.jpg

I masked the underside off..

hoode3.jpg

and sanded it one last time. 

Planning on re-shooting it next week.  Other than repairing some very minor scratches and paint baubles, the car is mostly done in San Diego.   I want to get it home, but I enjoy hanging our with the fellows down here a couple days a week.  I need another project to continue my time down here.  Nothing to the extent of this one, though...

• Like 1

Seems like I re-engineer everything on this project, but DAMN I'm happy with the parking brake..

pbrakef.jpg

The photos don't do it any justice, but the fit and operation of the parking brake is really nice.  At full lock, the handle is just a bit lower than the seat, so no worries about climbing over it when it's set.

pbrakef1.jpg   

The custom cabling I had made is a high quality piece and fits great.  I was also able to eliminate the big clunky factory handle under the dash, and the roller pulleys under the car.  It's just one cable straight to the rear axle.   

I can still use my refurbished center console, too

• Like 3

I only have so many hours per week to work on it.  I can do it right, or I can do it quickly.  I generally go with doing stuff right if at all possible..  I'd like to take it to JCCS, but I'm not rushing to half-ass it.

Anytime you want to come down to the shop, you let me know.  You can see it in person.

Nun with he small talk get the carpet and bullshit done and lets get some pics out side please.  

• Like 1