New to the site(pics included)

llll_fusion_llll

Hey guys,

My names is Adam i am from a small town west of Memphis tn had my little datsun for a few months now and just been exploring the site so i figured it was time to register and introduce myself ,

Hondas are my main passion but i have been trying to buy this truck for years and the old man finally called me and told me to come get it , been sitting in a field for sometime under a small wooden shed, After a few hours of cleaning all the fuel lines tank and redoing the fuel pump she fired like a charm, Everything on this truck works all the way down to the am radio! i am a open book have any question please feel free to ask !

Now to the good stuff !

The day i brought the beast home

datsun05.jpg

After a few hours cleaning fuel stuff and buffing it ,Its alive!

Datsun1.jpg

Decided i would play around in photoshop with it and it new set of shoes

DATSUN2.jpg

Shortly after that i attended showfest in Tunica Ms with the little jewel

datsunatshowfest.jpg

Few random pics with diffrent wheels

datsun5.jpg

datsun3.jpg

Got tired of looking at the old rusted out bed so i figured a quick fix

datsun4.jpg

Will post some pics of how it sits now soon awaiting them to upload !!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ride height is fine in last pictures. Liked the first rims but so what? Hate the 'west coast' mirrors. Fill the holes when you get it painted and get rid of them for something more conservative. I had a '71 back in the 70s.

Yeah mirrors are gone as of now just have em hanging in the shop, i am a wheel whore to be honest lol i am looking to find some new ones now

Thanks guys , the wheel size in the last pic is 18x7 not sure the offset, the bed was constructed from an old barn I seen getting torn down I got the 16" wide planks to keep the old retro theme of the truck , the build is about to begin once money is right an the shop is cleaned out got big plains if I can figure out the route wanna take I need ro get started on some sort of disc brake for the front hope I can get pointed in the right direction on this site!

Thanks guys , the wheel size in the last pic is 18x7 not sure the offset, the bed was constructed from an old barn I seen getting torn down I got the 16" wide planks to keep the old retro theme of the truck , the build is about to begin once money is right an the shop is cleaned out got big plains if I can figure out the route wanna take I need ro get started on some sort of disc brake for the front hope I can get pointed in the right direction on this site!

This is where I would go for the disc brake kit for your 521. wayno

http://community.rat...__fromsearch__1

On ebay there is a really nice wilwood setup for i think 599.00.But they are stout kits and comes with everything you need to set up your front brake kit.You would not be disappointed.I have wilwoods all around my truck and i love it.well the backs are not done yet but just about.

Cool truck! I like the stamped steel chev wheels, I wanted to put those on mine (but found others instead) and had never seen them on a 521 until now!

Ive been eyeballing that wilwood kit, if you get it let us know how it works outQ

i have it the kit it is great,no cutting nothing just bolt right up bleed and look good.its from al or the datsun parts store guy on ebay he lives right up the street from me.i have a new kit being made back and front with top hts and rear wilwoods with the e-brake.just being anodozied and there ready.also like your 18x7 set up thinking of going the same route or 17x7 and 18x7 or 8 if i can fit them.