Sightings

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No shit!! This morning I didn't, and passed a '76 710 goon!!!!!! Damn I ripped around th block and found him at the beer store parking lot and talked to him for 1/2 hour. Swell older guy who needs a carb for it. It's lemon yellow and MINT!!!! 4 spd, working air con which is unheard of up here. Found out it's a California car.

Question: did the 710s come with a factory adjustable camber plate on the top of the struts????

We exchanged numbers and I'll get over there WITH my camera. Damn! these cars simply don't exist where I am. So lucky!!!

Yesterday I went down a differant road to my house to check out a balck 720 4X4, just to see what shape it was in. Shitty. Kept going around the block and saw what looked like a nice 521 in someones garage. Peeled aound and stopped. The guy was in the garage working on it. His name is Luke and lurks around the Ratsun site. Don't think he's member YET. Talked a while and offered to help if I could. I'll stop back by and get some photos later when he gets it road worthy.

As of now he has gone through the brakes front and rear, working on seals for the front wheels bearings, new Weber, new clutch master and slave, newer wheels and tires. Floor on drivers side needs some love.

All in all a nice looking truck.

Just got in a lil street race with this bad ass 510. :D

Got smoked but, it was chill. lol. he pulled up behind me so i switched lanes and got next to him and revved up the engine a little. he didn't do nothin. but, then we came to a stop light and I just took off and so did he. I had to turn like 200 yards later but, he caught up to me before I hit the brakes. :D I wish i digital camera his car had some nice paint and it sounded mean!

on my way out to Sea-tac today i saw a BEAUTIFUL butterscotch colored 620 standard cab. we both followed each others trucks while going opposite directions. alsow hile going down 85th in seattle heading to the freeway there was another 620 that was owned by a sign shop. looked like a "work" truck to me. it had a vynil wrap on it with the companys name and info. kinda cool.

Haha, nice. Expect to be discovered if you leave your datto outside visible from the road. Hope i didn't freak out the neighbors, I was sittin there for a while tryin to get a good picture.

Shit I've been found!!

I see you rollin around in the 720 all the time, like the truck.

Apparently I haven't been active enough around here :D

2eDeYe;92327'']I thought I recognized that Shell....saw him on my way into work this morning. He must work around Harbour Pointe somewhere..

I think the weird thing about Z drivers are that the only "datsun" every made was the Z. I swear I see more old Z cars and they never give me thumbs up :( Kevin needs to educate those bastards!!!

2eDeYe;91188'']Ice are you on the roof? :lol:

yeah :)

Shit I've been found!!

I see you rollin around in the 720 all the time, like the truck.

Apparently I haven't been active enough around here :D

That's cause my 720 is the only vehicle I got! See you around town in your Hardbody once and a while too. Shit, if you see me, wave, rev, flip me off or something. :D

O.K. Don't want to hear any shit about no pic's. But I spotted a 620 KC on the 91 east today 2:30P.M. Black primer looked just like( 2edeye'S ) truck.

Traffic slowed just enough so I could yell at the driver.

Nice truck go to RATSUN.NET!!!! Dude prolly thought I was nuts.

I'm drivin a toyota with datsun stickers on the windows. :eek:

Pics or it didn't happen! Sorry, I just had too. :D

I guess I asked for it :lol:

Gonna get me a cheep camera and carry it with me. I saw the batmobile last summer running down the 91 fwy. No pic's of that :mad:

I just saw a 710 2 door getting its engine rebuilt in the city of Bellflower by Rosecrans and Bellflower. I think the shop owns it since I pulled over to ask if they were selling it. At first he was "Yis its mine..." Then I told him, Is it for sale? Then he got upset and said...."Wha du yu want?" "Car is coustumer!" All right I said! I got in my car took out a Clymers original 710 manual and handed it to him. I said "Give it to the owner of the car."... His eyes opened up as he held the book in his hand and raised it up towards the sky, his small eyes were almost sparkling with delight. Then he started to yell to his boss in chinese to come out. The boss ran out and the were talking/yelling in chinese for a good while.... I was like WTF? And I ran away... But they seemed pretty happy I guess with all that chinese yelling of joy going around that shop this day....

Ho Ho HO!!!!

:D

Edited by Motavated

Saw a 510 wagon mid 70's (not up on the year and body styles on 510's) Brown rolling down Hwy 26 here in the Tri-cities. I would say it's highly unlikely that guys on here. It was a sweet lookin ride. All original, either had been redone or really takin care of. He was wearing camo, had to be in the reserves here. I was in my 620 and pulled up beside him and smiled, pointed at his car and gave him the thumbs up, and he pretty much looked at me like who the hell are you. If I would have started taking pics with my phone he may have ran me off the road. Ha Ha