Make your own trans mount (Ratsun-style)

AZhitman

This technique can be applied to virtually any part that's no longer in production... I previously made a set of motor mounts for a 400-hp KA-T and I'm working on a set for my 311 Roadster...

Enjoy! http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/diy-build-your-own-transmission-mount.html

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome write-up and definitely saving the link! however, and i don't mean to thread jack, i wonder if you could do this to make corner window seals for a 521? if you consider it thread jacking i will gladly remove this portion of the post.

That's a pretty complex part. I'm certain it could be done, but that's likely more hassle than it's worth.

I won't go too off-topic here, but I guarantee you there's another pickup out there on the market that used the exact same seals (or within a few mm difference). Time to spend some days browsing the junkyards! :)

Yup good link and article azhitman ! Can be applied to a lot of things for sure! Many datsun people will probably be attempting this at one time or another nice! Urethane can transmit enough noise through the cabin to make one think there is something wrong with the drivetrain lol.

400hp ka-t ? Love to see the dyno and build sheet on that :)

Careful what you ask for, DTP - We did a 12-part article on it (see sig). Might be a loooong read. :)

Thanks for the kind words - I'm eager to see some folks take a crack at making their own mounts (or other parts).

Careful what you ask for, DTP - We did a 12-part article on it (see sig). Might be a loooong read. :)

Thanks for the kind words - I'm eager to see some folks take a crack at making their own mounts (or other parts).

Thank you sir! Will be reading ... i enjoy a good read :)

Wow nice job ... very detailed at a glance

Saved. !!!