what has happened to dat620

it is with heavy heart that i type this out, on monday dec 19th 2011 at 11:15 pm my brother in law passed away, after a 3 year battle with congestive heart failure, bad liver, bad kindneys, and diabetes, his body could take no more, he was addicted to crystal meth, and that enough is bad all by itself, but combine that with the above mentioned diseases, and his bad judgement of drug choice, not that there really is a good choice as all have thier differant problems.

he has had heart problems since his early 20's, with out any drug abuse help, his diabetes came in the 30's, the rest followed along within the past few years, i have and had been his medical care partner and care giver for the last 3 years, setting and helping him keep all his appointments, and making sure that he had all his med's when needed, we also were partners in a custom shop bussiness during the 90's, we were the best shop in so cal, we won the coveted low rider magazine super show best upholstery award 4 years in a row, a record that still stands today, i met my bro in 1989 when i joined JUST US mini truck club, our interest and passion for custom vehicles made us instant friends.

as time passed we became closer, in 1991 i married his sister and became part of the family, so now my bond with him grew more, we did alot of things together and spent alot of time together, i know that there are a few of you on here that may have heard of him or our shop, Amby Salais, and Cruizin Connection in San Diego, after a few years his bad health started to catch up to him and he moved back home to phx az, then that brings us to the present, some bad choices and bad health did not mix, so it was with great sorrow and heavy heart that as his medical care giver and medical power of attorney officer for him i had to honor his request and ask the family to help me make the decision i knew he wanted, do not leave me hooked to no f***in machines, so at 10 pm monday we all decided it was time to let him go...we turned off the life support machines at 10:30 pm, the doctor gave him an injection of mild morphene so that his body would not suffer as he took his last breathes, we all said good bye.

so please, i ask you all to just lift us all up in prayer, i know that he is in heaven, because my wife and i had the honor of leading him in prayer a couple months ago to accept JESUS CHRIST as his personal savior, and again i say so long my good friend, brother in law, and brother in CHRIST, love ya and miss ya...he was 44 years old, way to young for this...tom

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i apollogize at my absence of words for your loss. i will keep you and your family in my prayers.

i know that he is in heaven, because my wife and i had the honor of leading him in prayer a couple months ago to accept JESUS CHRIST as his personal savior, and again i say so long my good friend, brother in law, and brother in CHRIST

i dont even know what to say about this ^^. thats just awesome. it made me very happy to ready that little bit there