looking for a full gasket set for a E1 engine

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...hhmm...not sure if you mean me or datsunmike....

The set for the '66 520 J13 should get you everything you need. I didn't need to do the head gasket, so it worked just fine. Maybe Datsunaholic will know if the head gasket is a perfect match. Mine is a fork lift motor, so I have a slightly different rear main seal and a nice rubber front main seal which I had to special order from a fork lift place online. I doubt your's has that.

...hhmm...not sure if you mean me or datsunmike....

I ment you..:D (i figured youd know:eek:)

Well like i wrote earlier, I used to have all that info..

i got much of it from datsunpickuplovers site....

I do remember it was a certain part # that you needed to know. Cuz they couldnt find it till i told them they had it!

(but it was the whole set for like $20.00)

Okay....I waddled my rear back down to the shop and got the number off the box.

VictorReinz FS3597

'65-69 J13

http://www.victorreinz.com

I think I paid a bit more than $20, but honest don't remember. That was during "crunch" time last year before Canby.....Paula said "Spend what you need to".......I thought I had about $500 in rcpts.....she showed me that I was a little off.......I was $600 too low!! :( ....70% of that when into the eng compartment!

J13 pistons are essentially identical to E1 pistons, so they can be sourced that way. I see them on eBay every so often.

I can almost guarantee the bores will be out of spec though- I have yet to see a J13 that was in spec (usually needed .030 oversize).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.