Trans question 4 to 5 speed in a 620. HELP!

motavated

The last question before I remove my engine. Please help!!! I bought a five speed that was used on a 510. This 5 speed seems to be the 77-79 280z 5 speed but has the 510 fork "hole in the fork were the pin goes". My question is can I use my fork/slave/pin out of the 4 speed 620? Or do I have to buy the 280z fork for it to work. I also have the "adjustable" pin for the 510. Can I also use the "adjustable" pin on the 620 slave and keep the 510 fork? Thanks!!!!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was originally a 280 5spd it will fit the 620 (thats what I have). Use your 4 speed fork, rod and slave from the 620.

If you compare the 510 fork and adjustable rod to the 620 4 spd ones, and they are the same then it's your call. I think they will be the same.

BTW: use the 4 speed throw out bearing collar. It's matched to the clutch PP (225mm) that you have in there now. Replace the throw out bearing and the pilot bushing in the end of the crank.