STOLEN DATSUNS

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody ever thought of fabbing up some sort of mechanical brake lock? When my old 68 dodge was stolen they put it in neutral and rolled it probably around a block away. It woke me up when they got it started and drove off and I remember thinking "Damn that thing sounds good" and I went back to sleep... it didnt even dawn on me that it was my car because it wasnt right outside.

If there had been some sort of locking emergency brake/line lock, they never would have gotten it and Id have probably just lost a stereo or something...

That switch of hardwires in combination with an electrically operated line lock would be a pretty slick setup... in conjunction with a passive alarm, tazer, roll of duct tape and a shovel you could recreate the basement scene in silence of the lambs in the comfort of your own home.

Heres a Moroso line lock for less than a hundred bucks to get you started :D

http://autoplicity.com/products/60484-Moroso_44050_moroso_antiroll_kits.aspx?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=CSE&utm_content=60484NOFITMENT&utm_campaign=GS

I was just thinking that you could drill a hole through the gear shifter and weld a small plate next to where the shifter sits when in reverse, then put a lock through the stalk and the plate. Doesn't keep them from pushing it with the clutch in, but makes it a bitch to drive away. :)

Welp. I'm done with the Gremlin modules, still need to whip up the LEDs, "Bells", and switches, but at least now I'm half way done. It's always a little joy to me to have a bunch of a product sitting lined up. :)

IMG_7514.jpg

I had my 12 broke into--they pried the hood open and stole the wiper motor---did more damage than the motor was worth. and the door was unlocked and there was a scrap one next to it---fuckers. If I would have caught them, I would go to jail.............anyway, I read a post here that said a thief might be prowling this forum---man, I sure hesitate to think that anyone in our community would do that.