My new 1200 ( more pics page 3 )

Yellow_Feva

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He sold it five years ago, so you may wish to visually check yours to see if it still has these same items:

Engine

* A14 engine

* Cylinder head from A12 GX Engine upgraded with A14 valves

* A12 GX factory induction with twin Hitachi carburetors

* upgraded camshaft

* alternator moved to A12 position (right side)

* 2" exhaust

* 3 row radiator

Plus about a zillion of specs in the build article

The wheels are Panasport 15x6.

The orange car in the Shasta pic is/was Burabuda's. That's him with the "bighat". I'm the one with the flip-flops.

Congrats on the new car.

I contacted him through email and im surprised how much work was done to this car.

usa spec1400 block - all stock except for HUGE cam gx (japanese sport) cylinder head gx distributor gx carbs gx exhaust manifold 3 row radiator b310 5spd sr20 clutch stock rear diff

PM Burabuda on here. It is his old Coupe. That motor is an A14 vs a stock A12.

That is one of the nicer 1200's you're going to find.

Personally, I'm sad to here you're thinking about putting a rotary in it when you could buy an old Mazda and get nearly the same car without trashing that (mostly) original 1200.

• Like 2

PM Burabuda on here. It is his old Coupe. That motor is an A14 vs a stock A12.

That is one of the nicer 1200's you're going to find.

Personally, I'm sad to here you're thinking about putting a rotary in it when you could buy an old Mazda and get nearly the same car without trashing that (mostly) original 1200.

This thing runs like a champ, it immediately starts right up and runs so smoth.

I don't think ill do the swap, Im liking the engine more and more and really want to keep it as it sits now, just need more power.

I will reupholster the interiors and give it a paint job tho, maybe change wheels and go wider with some fender flares.

Already ordered some bullet fender mirrors.

• Like 1

What can I do to get more power out of this engine and what are the limitations on it? Im not really trying to do a track car bo do wanna have more power ;)

Also when can I find some fender flares for the 1200.

Pare Composites in Sacramento California has some molds for them try there

What can I do to get more power out of this engine and what are the limitations on it?

The limits are your wallet or your abilities

* The engine might be at 90 engine HP or 70 rwhp now

* For $5000 you might modify the engine up to 120 rwhp

* For $10,000 a drag racer can get 200 hp out of a highly modified A14 with turbocharging

* if you are a good backyard fabricator and know how to weld, a turbo install can get 150 rwhp -- without modifying the block or removing the cylinder head.

23949.jpg

With a turbo made 152 rwhp with a stock A12 block & cam and a smaller A14 cylinder head than you have. Dunno how reliable or if it would make a good street car, but 120HP can be streetable and semi-reliable.

• Like 1

The limits are your wallet or your abilities

* The engine might be at 90 engine HP or 70 rwhp now

* For $5000 you might modify the engine up to 120 rwhp

* For $10,000 a drag racer can get 200 hp out of a highly modified A14 with turbocharging

* if you are a good backyard fabricator and know how to weld, a turbo install can get 150 rwhp -- without modifying the block or removing the cylinder head.

With a turbo made 152 rwhp with a stock A12 block & cam and a smaller A14 cylinder head than you have. Dunno how reliable or if it would make a good street car, but 120HP can be streetable and semi-reliable.

That's why I wanted a 13B-REW or a SR20 swap but its not really a daily driver its more of a weekend car.

Im just really gonna concentrate on the looks of the car and the interiors for now, want to really get me some fenders so I can fit 15x8 wheels.

I already have a front and rear spoiler so gotta get some flares to send it to the paint booth.

An SR20DE will fit into a 1200 without cutting the body if you choose the correct transmission. But it is a lot heavier than the A14, so will change the balance of the car. Additionally you'll need a stronger rear end. Adds about 18% more weight to the car.

With the 13B, all the ones I've seen they cut the tunnel because the shifter is further back. They usually end up welding brackets to the front subframe, and fit a 12A front cover to use the front mounts.

15 x 8 wheels fit with rear stock fenders, depending on the tires you fit and the wheel offset. On the front only 7" wide if you want them inside the fender. There is one guy that ran 15 x 10 watanabes with 45-series tires without fender flares -- butof course they stuck out past the sides ...

Bprojects sells over-fender flares for the Datsun 1200, they are 240Z style flares.