door switches

jon521

hey, so id like to have some door switches for my dome light and maybe some other aftermarket lights in my truck, but my truck doesnt have door switches. it has the holes for them, but no wires or anything. does anyone else have door switches in there 521? if so, do they look stock? i was either going to go to the JY to find some switches off a courier or a 620 or something small like that or just buy some generic switches, but id like to know if 521s came with switches and mine were just taken out or what.

probably dont need a whole tread for this, but i just thought id ask

Thanks

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, so id like to have some door switches for my dome light and maybe some other aftermarket lights in my truck, but my truck doesnt have door switches. it has the holes for them, but no wires or anything. does anyone else have door switches in there 521? if so, do they look stock? i was either going to go to the JY to find some switches off a courier or a 620 or something small like that or just buy some generic switches, but id like to know if 521s came with switches and mine were just taken out or what.

probably dont need a whole tread for this, but i just thought id ask

Thanks

Thats a good idea. Lemme know what you come up with, I am interested in doing this also :)

Jon, your first link doesnt look anything like 620 switches. Your second link looks just like 620 switches.

Do you currently have an interior light at all? If you do, adding door pin wiring should be super simple.

EDIT: looks like you should have some factory wiring from the fuse box as a Red/yellow strip wire to the interior light, door switches appear optional.

Wiring diaghram link..http://www.davidcmurphy.com/olddat/data/521_Wire_Diagram.pdf

Jon, your first link doesnt look anything like 620 switches. Your second link looks just like 620 switches.

Do you currently have an interior light at all? If you do, adding door pin wiring should be super simple.

EDIT: looks like you should have some factory wiring from the fuse box as a Red/yellow strip wire to the interior light, door switches appear optional.

Wiring diaghram link..http://www.davidcmurphy.com/olddat/data/521_Wire_Diagram.pdf

thanks for the link, i will go check and see if i have those wires tomorrow in the day light. yes i have a dome light i can turn on with a switch