Form > Function S30

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks dudes.

Just to settle any dispute, the Z is in no way a race car. It may see an occasional autocross, but I'm not expecting any killer times in it.

The motor, although stock, runs great. Currently running straight pipes, I'm picking up a stock s13 exhaust this week to cut up and make a boso tip out of it. I'll probably use the resonator too.

Also picking up a fender to replace my trashed one sometime this week.

and make a boso tip out of it.

Living this thread. Fuck all these people, your car is too low, your car's wheels have too much neg camber, YOUR car is your car. Do whatever the hell you want! I don't see you taking this too tracks to win races so who gives a fuck. It's not a race car. It's not and econobox POS. so just pick something in between, looks like your doing great do far. Where did the other wheels go? Do they not fit when your that low?

• Like 1

Form can't follow function when form doesn't function silly

You almost have a point here. The principle is that the shape of an object should be primarily based upon its intended function or purpose. See below...

lol form, it just a new word for ricey shit, 10 years ago it was it was epic body kitz and rims yo!

Now it's a retarde amounts of camber and "offset is everything...."

We will look back on this one day and lol

Form alone is not a new word for ricey. Form without function, (like a huge rear spoiler that does nothing on the street, insane camber tuck tires, whistles in the exhaust to sound like a BOV, body kits, hood scoops).... now that's ricey.

. Fuck all these people, your car is too low, your car's wheels have too much neg camber, YOUR car is your car. Do whatever the hell you want! I don't see you taking this too tracks to win races so who gives a fuck. It's not a race car. It's not and econobox POS. so just pick something in between, looks like your doing great do far. Where did the other wheels go?

X2...

Welcome to the greatest monkey business Datsun forum on the web,,

not a big fan of the hellaflush hard parking

I like subtle boso shit :cool:

and the boso scene in JP is deff interesting.

they deff have their own take on this crazy Japanese version of the old American greaser styles

and a ton of their own crazy over the top style mixed in.

nissan_skyline_c210.jpg

takumi_bunta_pompadour_bosozoku_style.jpg

• Like 1
sounds like this place is new to the internet

Ratsun has always been and always will be.

a forum is merely the convenient communication hub. a single piece of all that is Ratsun.

even if the interwebs where completely eradicated there would still be Ratsun.

not a big fan of the hellaflush hard parking

I like subtle boso shit :cool:

and the boso scene in JP is deff interesting.

they deff have their own take on this crazy Japanese version of the old American greaser styles

and a ton of their own crazy over the top style mixed in.

nissan_skyline_c210.jpg

takumi_bunta_pompadour_bosozoku_style.jpg

lol, reminds me of this video.

I have some horrorbilly/rockabilly roots myself, so I'd love to see how this culture differs from our scenes here in the US.

they kicked you off? :lol: what for??

Read title.

^This. If it doesn't have a 350 shoved in it or its not three feet off the ground, they don't tolerate it over there.

Their loss. I have a truck which went up. Could never figure why everyone says 'needs lowar!' when they see a car. I now have a car, and having one, I 'get it' now. Cars are for roads, trucks are for everything else. Cars just feel better when lowered, the antithesis of a truck. I draw the line at scraping the pavement though. There's lowered and then there's slammed.

lol, reminds me of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwcaQ3qJ88U&feature=player_embedded

I have some horrorbilly/rockabilly roots myself, so I'd love to see how this culture differs from our scenes here in the US.

^ this video reminds me of this drift video lol.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/25036384?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/25036384">Friction Motorsports Drift Event - May 7, 2011</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/michaeltaylor">Michael Taylor</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

EDIT: How the fuck do you embed videos?

Footage from a drift event over here this summer