Datsun 620 radiator Busted Will 510 work?

chebetio510

My fan hit the radiator on my 74 620. I have a l18 in it. 5 speed webber.. This is now the second time it happened.// First time. truck was lifted when bodylift was removed radiator to orginal location was keft loose.. Now it happened again.. I have a 3row radiator... It seems to sit close to te fan for some reason.. With the second radiator it seemd to run a little hotter also.. now.. the fan hit the core again.. and i have my 510 2 row will that overheat? or is the 3 row that important?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have about 2 inches clearance from the fan.

Was it not secured? Fans don't just reach out and bitch slap the radiator. If the 510 rad was for the same engine or something close I don't see why it wouldn't work. Since you already have it, won't hurt to try it. BOLT it in and take it around the block a couple times while keeping an eye on your temp.

• Like 1

I have no idea.. i know my motor mounts are old but not tht bad.., i might have more clearence with the 510 two row.. hoping it works... might even throw an electric fan if the bitch decides to run hott.! lol Btw. Radiator is secured completely.. im lost as to y this happens?

there is no clutch i will get oics tomorrow of the damage... mind u same fan had already hit previous radiator so tips are not there.. and im want to say the fans tight.. cuz i have touched that but i will check. tomorow in the sun.. lol too damn cold outside.. maybe tonight

there is no clutch i will get oics tomorrow of the damage... mind u same fan had already hit previous radiator so tips are not there.. and im want to say the fans tight.. cuz i have touched that but i will check. tomorow in the sun.. lol too damn cold outside.. maybe tonight

No clutch on it?

Pics plz.

I think I got an extra with a good fan if you're interested.