Wheels that work on 411's? Help!

I need help with my RL411. I want to install some aftermarket wheels and select the proper tires without lowering the car or bagging it, just stock height, no flaring, and I don't want to be losing power at the wheels, if possible, without the use of spacers. I checked Kurt Hafers page about 510's whels and tires:

That was a good start for me, but I still have lots of questions, so maybe you guys can help me out, and we could come up with a similar list to Kurt's, but only for 410's and 411's?

As it seems, original (factory) steel wheels for the 410, PL411 and RL411 were 13" x 4.0" or 101.6 mm (nominal width), add one more inch for lip to lip width, and half inch for tire wall to tire wall width(1/4 of a inch per each tire wall), so total width is 5 1/2" or 139.7 mm. Considering nominal width plus one inch, back space is 4" or 101.6mm; front space is 1" or 25.4; offset is therefore 1 1/2" or 38.1mm. This are steel wheels with 5.60-13 bias ply tires (or about 155-80 13 tires in closest available current designation). Initial tire wheel space from hub's mounting surface towards back of fender well is 4.0" or 101.6mm, but with 14 or 15 can be expanded to 6.0" or 152.4 mm since bigger diameter will clear upper and lower ball joints. Front space from hub's mounting surface towards the fender well lip is 3 1/4 " or 82.55 mm. 410's and 411's have a four bolt wheel with a 4-1/2 inch (or 114.3mm) bolt circle (same as MGB, MGC and many others), measured from center of one hole/stud to the center of the hole/stud across (in diagonal) from it. Lugnuts are 7/16 x 20 RH threaded (same as Triumph 2,3,4,6, 250 and many others). Hub center bore required is about 73 mm.

Currently I tried to fit 17 lb 87-88 Nissan Maxima wheels. They are

15 x 6 inches and not really cool anyway. Back space 133mm or 5.24", offset

+ 44mm and can be used in 510's with 195/50-15 or 205/50-15. Wheels

themselves fit well on the front, except I needed to reposition upper balljoint

grease zerk. Also youhave to use Nissan lugnuts and they are pricey (about 7 dollars each).

I also found this 14X5.5 +25 mm 32 or 16 spoked turbine Nissan 200 SX alloys installed

on a 411 PL. This are for 80-83 models and have a back space of 109 mm or 4.25"

and weight 15 lbs and work with 185/70, 185/60 195/60 and 205/60 14, and also

require Nissan lugnuts.

My car is a RL411, with front rotors, so I was not sure if that made a difference

compared to PL's and 410's with front drums, but after some measuring I can say

difference will not affect fitment, but keep in mind that exhaust pipe under

fender wheel does make a difference and will limit wheel and tire selections.

Unless you want to dish out (negative offset), use spacers and/or flare the fenders.

It seems better to stick to 4" to 6" on the RL411 and 4" to 7" on the PL411 and 410 for nominal rim width. Don't forget to add one more inch for lip to lip width, and half inch for tire wall to tire wall overall, looking also for correct offset.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear god what is wrong with this font. I was going to see if i can help but i cant read this, it hurts my eyes.

If theres a wheel you want, just get spacers if need be, also for SSS or non?

It`s not just you ....it shows up on my screen like a hypnotizing optical illusion thing..

There is a white 411 on the interwebs that looks to be running 200sx turbine type wheels pretty easily

It`s not just you ....it shows up on my screen like a hypnotizing optical illusion thing..

There is a white 411 on the interwebs that looks to be running 200sx turbine type wheels pretty easily

Yeah. I've seen that car and I really like it, but that is a PL, so I assume it has brake drums on the front, and I don't know it that makes a difference compared to RL411's.

5344520007_large.jpg

This 410 in picture sports 14" tires on 14x5.5 +25mm mid-80's Nissan 200sx alloy wheels. Longer wheel studs to fit the correct lugnuts without breaking the nuts in half.

14" x 5.5"'80 - '83 Datsun 200SX

Nissan Part # 40300-N8427

Hollander # 62134BS = 111mm or 4.37"

OS = +28mm16 lbs$ 135185/70-14 185/60-14 195/60-14 205/60-1432-spoked turbine wheel with small centercap with 'D' on it.

Must use Nissan lug nuts!

Sorry about the font thing. I just edited my post, so it will look better.

Reads about 10x better now, thanks.

4 X 4 1/2" Make Model Years

Chevrolet Corvair , Chevy II , Nova 60-64

Sprint 86

Datsun B-210, 510, 610, 710,200SX, 68-86

310,GX,Stanza,Sentra,Maxima, 68-86

810,Pulsar,240Z,260Z,280Z 68-86

300 ZX (Except turbo) 68-86

Dodge Challenger 78-83

Ford Falcon 6-cylinder 68-70

Mustang 6-cylinder 65-73

Granada & Maverick 81-83

Mazda 626 83-86

RX-7-GSLE 84-85

RX-7 86

Plymouth Sapporo & Arrow 76-84

Colt 84-85

Toyota Celica & Supra 68-85

Corona 71-81

Van Wagon 84-86

"The Toyota ones on the list dont usually fit front hub ( without work ) because of hub size though.. "

Dear god what is wrong with this font. I was going to see if i can help but i cant read this, it hurts my eyes.

If theres a wheel you want, just get spacers if need be, also for SSS or non?

I was checking some Victoria British catalogs for British MGB's and they have Minilites that look like Panasports and they want about 400 for them, compared to Rotas for 550 on ebay and 900 for Panasports, but again I'm not sure they will fit. My car is a 1600, so I guess it s in almost an SSS. Difference is, as far as I can tell: engine is not metric, it has no batches that say SSS ( I also have one a SSS, but is not currently running), front and rear batches say 1600. Same front disc brakes and 1600 engine.

Edit- highlight text- change das font

Paint some stock steelies. Add moon hubs and beauty rings. Rims degrade the 411's classiness IMO

That sounds really good, but I am a sucker for minilites. Maybe I'll keep the SSS proyect I got with the moon hubs and some white face tires. In anycase how wide can you go with stock steelies?

Reads about 10x better now, thanks.

4 X 4 1/2" Make Model Years

Chevrolet Corvair , Chevy II , Nova 60-64

Sprint 86

Datsun B-210, 510, 610, 710,200SX, 68-86

310,GX,Stanza,Sentra,Maxima, 68-86

810,Pulsar,240Z,260Z,280Z 68-86

300 ZX (Except turbo) 68-86

Dodge Challenger 78-83

Ford Falcon 6-cylinder 68-70

Mustang 6-cylinder 65-73

Granada & Maverick 81-83

Mazda 626 83-86

RX-7-GSLE 84-85

RX-7 86

Plymouth Sapporo & Arrow 76-84

Colt 84-85

Toyota Celica & Supra 68-85

Corona 71-81

Van Wagon 84-86

"The Toyota ones on the list dont usually fit front hub ( without work ) because of hub size though.. "

Will it make a difference if you have front drums or rotors?

Will it make a difference if you have front drums or rotors?

Well yeah if the rotors require more room than the drums then you have to make sure the inner diameter of the rim is large enough. Sometimes all it takes to clear the calipers is a wheel spacer. It's made to accommodate a 13" wheel, so anything over shouldn't be a problem.

My friend gave me a sss disc / hub unit,, but since my sons car is in garage right now, everything has been piled towards the back and i dug pretty deep but couldn`t find it, to try on supra wheel ..But that would look crappy anyways, LOL.

Minilites........ FTW.

My friend gave me a sss disc / hub unit,, but since my sons car is in garage right now, everything has been piled towards the back and i dug pretty deep but couldn`t find it, to try on supra wheel ..But that would look crappy anyways, LOL.

Minilites........ FTW.

Panasports classic 8 spock wheels "minilites"

Miniliteaaa.gif

My friend gave me a sss disc / hub unit,, but since my sons car is in garage right now, everything has been piled towards the back and i dug pretty deep but couldn`t find it, to try on supra wheel ..But that would look crappy anyways, LOL. Minilites........ FTW.
Don't know who came up with that name.

graphic_org_pub.jpgKonig Rewind Wheels in 15x7.

Specs

Size: 15" X 7"

Backspacing: 4"

Offset: Zero

Bolt Pattern: 4 x 114.3 (4 x 4 . 5)

This will also fit 411, but they will stick one inch so will rub and flares are required. They could use 195/50.

Panasports classic 8 spock wheels are called minilites

Miniliteaaa.gif

Found this online, but S150 seems like a lot to me.

Wheel Part Number: #62130

1980-1983 Datsun 200SX

Size: 14" x 5.5", 4 Lug, 4.5" Bolt Pattern

Finish: Brushed Aluminum

Description: 16 Spoke OEM Alloy Rim

Our Inventory Price: $150 Each

(Without Center Cap)

My car is a 1600, so I guess it s in almost an SSS. Difference is, as far as I can tell: engine is not metric, it has no batches that say SSS ( I also have one a SSS, but is not currently running), front and rear batches say 1600. Same front disc brakes and 1600 engine.

Your car is a RL411! I bought mine new and it's as you describe, no SSS badges on the C pillar, the front grill and trunk emblems are "1600", the engine serial number has a "1" prefix denoting all SAE fasteners [with the possible exception of the screws on the rear cover of the water pump, they are either 1/4 inch or 6 millimeter depending on whether it's original a replacement or the date the pump was delivered for vehicle assembly] , a modified valve cover to clear the wiper motor and 3 main bearings. The original battery clamp bolts are the other set of metric fasteners. There is also a "pocket" cast into the engine block to accomodate the shift tube for the British Borg Warner automatic transmission which has a column shift, not a floor mounted shift like the manual transmission.

Later roadster metric engines have 5 main bearings.

Your car is a RL411! I bought mine new and it's as you describe, no SSS badges on the C pillar, the front grill and trunk emblems are "1600", the engine serial number has a "1" prefix denoting all SAE fasteners [with the possible exception of the screws on the rear cover of the water pump, they are either 1/4 inch or 6 millimeter depending on whether it's original a replacement or the date the pump was delivered for vehicle assembly] , a modified valve cover to clear the wiper motor and 3 main bearings. The original battery clamp bolts are the other set of metric fasteners. There is also a "pocket" cast into the engine block to accomodate the shift tube for the British Borg Warner automatic transmission which has a column shift, not a floor mounted shift like the manual transmission.

Later roadster metric engines have 5 main bearings.

Yeah, all my car's Nissan ID tags that I have says RL411, including the SSS one (of course there is also the PL411 one). According to Dan, from Rallye, the guy that sells Roadster parts, the 5 main bearings engine advantages are overrated. I also checked with some Datsun engine rebuilders and they say that 3 main engines have better lubrication at high RPM's. I have not driven one 5 main just yet, The engines that I have, one, my daily driver starts with 2 and it is SAE, but the other two engines I have, one original from the SSS I'm working on has an initial number 5 ,and it is metric (assumed to be 5 main) and the other one is 8, also metric.

What I do not like about SAE engines is that they have this little o ring mounted on the valve stems, instead of the hat type viton seals on the metric ones. What I did was to replace the o rings and also I installed some aftermarket seal on top of the valve stem. It seems to be working fine, so far. I got them from Ebay and they where about 10 bucks. When I did the head job combustion chambers were all fouled up with carbonized crud.

My to cars are shift stick 4 on floor, but I heard there was other versions around the world with front bench seat and three on tree. Does your car has a bench seat on the front or individuals?