Up or Down?

Andreas

15 members have voted

1. 1. What to do

Raise it!

Just enough so that whatever tire/wheel size you choose, clears, and doesn't rub.

Wheels with more negative offset will help with inner tire clearance, plus it'll fill out the wheel wells, giving the truck a sweeter stance.

• Like 1
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave it.

Dropping it takes away the "truck" factor.

I guess it makes it easier to load stuff, if you're four feet tall.

Not true at all. Well it is if you dump it on it's nuts.

When you're hauling 2-3,000lbs frequently in the bed, the truck being lower is a major plus for loading. This is the only reason why mine is lowered with added air shocks in the back.

Yep, best of both worlds...

downsize_1-1.jpg

I say bump it up a tad, don't go crazy, and put it to work. Use it as a truck, go camping, whatever.

Maybe after a couple years of that you'll want to change it up, you can always lower at a later time.

It seems you can get the larger wheels going without many mods, keeps it simple and pactical.

Once you lower it, especially if you go really low and/or bag it, that's it for the rest of the truck's life.

Speaking of going crazy ...

IMG2242eL.jpg

... I really like this truck! It's well built, with a purpose (not at all for the street).

Not that I would want it myself, but there is a cool web page on the built.

I say bump it up a tad, don't go crazy, and put it to work. Use it as a truck, go camping, whatever.

Maybe after a couple years of that you'll want to change it up, you can always lower at a later time.

It seems you can get the larger wheels going without many mods, keeps it simple and pactical.

Once you lower it, especially if you go really low and/or bag it, that's it for the rest of the truck's life.

Speaking of going crazy ...

... I really like this truck! It's well built, with a purpose (not at all for the street).

Not that I would want it myself, but there is a cool web page on the built.

Not true at all. Well it is if you dump it on it's nuts.

When you're hauling 2-3,000lbs frequently in the bed, the truck being lower is a major plus for loading. This is the only reason why mine is lowered with added air shocks in the back.

Yep, best of both worlds...

downsize_1-1.jpg

It is If it's in the woods a lot. Wasn't referring to hauling. 3000lbs in the back of a 620 should bring you pretty low anyways :D