Up or Down?

Andreas

15 members have voted

1. 1. What to do

What to do? Cant Make up my mind. I want to either put larger/taller wheels on the truck. 235 70 R15, or Lower the truck.

On one end, I like the way larger tires look. They are more utilitarian and, I would like to be able to take the truck camping with my sons.

On the other hand, I really like the way the trucks look dropped, and it makes it way easier to load stuff on the bed.

To do To do.

Here is what it looks like right now:

Side-1.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I fought the same battle in my head too!

here's my DD - i chose slightly larger tires - they rub but only at full lock and not too bad IMO

IMG00008-20100925-0957-1.jpg

then i picked up my a truck for my brother to DD when he gets back from iraq

IMG_0970.jpg

I definitely like my suspension for a DD

Get another 620 and lower it.

235x70R15s will rub off road and slightly when parking even with the bars maxed out. Totally do able. Also the turning effort goes up.

I went to 10.5x31s but had to do a 4" body lift. Turning effort was so high I started avoiding some parking lots and parked so I could just drive out. Designed and built pwoer steering for it.

Next stop was 12.5x33s and a SAS. Could have gone 35s.

What tire size is on your Bro's ride? Did you drop the back a bit? I like the stance

I fought the same battle in my head too!

here's my DD - i chose slightly larger tires - they rub but only at full lock and not too bad IMO

IMG00008-20100925-0957-1.jpg

then i picked up my a truck for my brother to DD when he gets back from iraq

IMG_0970.jpg

I definitely like my suspension for a DD

IMG_0970.jpg

this ^^^ was when i first got it - had 3 0r 4 inch blocks and the torsion bars cranked all the way down - tires are 195/70/r14 in the front and 205/75/R14 in the rear. Since then ive put in shorter blocks allowing the truck to not scrape the exhaust/header flange on EVERYTHING!!!

heres how it sits now. vvvv

152e484b.jpg

ok so i forgot today is trash day at work so its sitting a little lower than normal :P - i can get another pic after i do a dump run

EDIT:

2ebcd1c6.jpg

Empty ^^

New to the forum but not new to the 620, back in 1990 i had a 75 620 with a 2" body lift and cranked up torsion bars with 31" boggers on the back and 30" tsl on the front. The truck would go just about anywhere i wanted it to (also welded up the spiders) but i would not recommend a full time lock in the rear, do a ford 8.8 swap from a early 90 explorer they came stock with a limited slip. I wish i had some pics.

If you want to go camping,I would either keep it like it is,or raise it. My .02.

LOLz, I went camping this summer w/ mine (4'' ground clearance) could hardly get over the speed bumps. It was fun though. This was one of those paved road campgrounds ( Promontory), went there cuz we have young kids :) I say get a low truck AND a lifted truck, then call it good :P