waynos acquisitions, ect.

wayno

seems like you have quite a few engines floating around

Yes I do, more than I want now, seems like when I finally decide to to purchase an engine, then 2 weeks later what I really wanted comes along.  :hmm:

I know you have been looking for an engine, but what I have is either unknown running condition, or not what you were looking for.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished the power steering pump mount/ajuster, it is a complete self contained unit, except for the steering gear itself, all I need the the belt to finish that part of the setup.

It's so simple, and it is all right there, low and out of the way, but accessible, much better than having the reservoir on the inner fender well.

DSCN0741.jpg

DSCN0740.jpg

DSCN0734.jpg

DSCN0731.jpg

DSCN0744.jpg

Wayno, when I need a welded cross member I use my 18 volt battery sawzall. I cut the frame in front and in the rear of the cross member on both sides.  I get the Milwaukee Torch blades from Home Depot.  I remove the frame rail pieces at home.

• 3 weeks later...

I went looking for something today in the back shed, while I was looking a red thing caught my eye, I could not believe it, a red 520 hazard knob in perfect shape, I didn't even know I had this, this is what I had on that dash that I am saving.

DSCN1116.JPG

It was a 521 dash, have no idea why a 520 red knob was on it, there was no glove box door.  :crying:

I picked this stuff up today, 311 parts, oh wait, that's today.  :lol:

DSCN1152.JPG

DSCN1153.JPG

DSCN1154.JPG

DSCN1155.JPG

DSCN1156.JPG

DSCN1157.JPG

I will likely be using the steering wheel, as it is in better shape than mine.

The radiator is a core, as it needs rebuilt.

That is 5 stock datsun roadster  wheels, four are a nice shiny black, the 5th is pealing.

3 perfect 620 hubcaps, just a little dirty.

Everyone needs extra fan belts, :D I sure scored here today, lots of other little stuff, oh and 2 datsun roadster 4 speeds, don't know if they are good or not, but I am thinking about pulling one apart to see if the syncros are the same as what is used in the competition 5 speeds that are made of un-obtainium.

• 4 weeks later...

I scored at the swap meet today, I picked up these for cheap.

DSCN1278.JPG

I also bought an electric window kit, but I am a little worried that it might be to wide.

DSCN1279.JPG

I also took a photo of this shock, I screwed up and forgot to get a photo of the whole shock, but I got the number, anyone know what these are for, this shock is short, I mean really short, maybe 8 inches, maybe, but it is stud/stud, but I don't care, it's 2 inches shorter than anything I have seen.

DSCN1277.JPG

This shock is so short, it would be worth cutting off the stud, and welding on the eyelet.

I also picked up this for cheap also, brackets and all.

DSCN1280.JPG

I am going to the PIR swap meet tomorrow, maybe I will see one of you there.  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I took some 520 parts up to Jrock for powder coating when we had that get together up there, I received them via "Eagle_Adam", he was kind enough to bring them down to me last weekend, thank you again.

Everything turned out great, I only missed one small dent in the glove box door, they are hard to see when the paint is dull.

Here are the photos, two 520 dash tops, one 520 dash face with glove box door, and three 520 ash trays, I also dropped a 320 grill to see if it could be saved, but it will need special attention, as it has a few rust holes in it, well actually more than a few, but they are small holes.

DSCN1321.JPG

DSCN1322.JPG

DSCN1323.JPG

DSCN1325.JPG

I like shiny, that's my floor lamp in the bottom right corner.

DSCN1330.JPG

And this is the lamp and my front door.  :thumbup:

DSCN1334.JPG

As I said, the grill needs some attention, it needs that galvanization weld on stuff that the rust buster guys used back in the 90s, but it has been so long since I looked into this, I am not sure if it is available anymore, that stuff was amazing, one could put tin foil on the back side of the hole and then spray that galvanized metal on the metal to fill the hole/holes, they saved a 47 chevy door for me, I need that done to this grill, it's not really a spray, but it's spray on welding, as it used electricity to put it on.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually wanted to have one dash top "Black chromed", but it just wasn't in the cards, I actually think I am lucky that guy didn't want to do it, as he didn't do a very good job on the normal chrome plating I had him do, the bumpers turned out decent, but the rest has to be re-done.

I also wanted to have the center of the grill black chromed, and the outside of it normal chrome, like in my signature photo below, but maybe that's not even possible to do.

• 1 month later...

So I seen an ad on craigslist that had some 521/L series parts for sale, I had bought from this guy in the past, so I emailed him and we set up a time for me to pick up the parts, this is the ad.

Datsun 521/L series parts (NE Portland)

I've got a bunch of parts left over from my old 521 - $100 takes the lot.

NOS speedometer cable, new in package
Gear reduction starter (from a Z-car) - newly rebuilt, never used
miscellaneous interior/electrical parts - rear view mirror, switches, etc
Grant steering wheel adapter (hard to come by for this truck)

So I went over there this morning, and looked at the box of stuff, and handed him the money, it was a good deal.

DSCN1498_zps05578188.jpg

There were a lot more parts than were listed in the ad, it was a giant bag of switches, and it had a red 520 4 way flasher knob, a heater box knob, a new looking tach, 3 521 turn signal assemblies, the new speedo cable assembly, ect, ect.

DSCN1502_zps6dcf5aac.jpg

DSCN1503_zpsc6c3efb0.jpg

DSCN1504_zps481ae307.jpg

The bag of switches.

DSCN1500_zpsd608fffe.jpg

The gear reduction starter.

DSCN1505_zps13ea6eb9.jpg

The grant steering wheel adapter.

DSCN1506_zps2e3b14c5.jpg

A bag of door handles.

DSCN1499_zpsd5640b9c.jpg

I consider this a great deal myself

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

OK, I had a good day today, I went to the wrecking yard to get a C200 carrier out of a 4X4 720 to see if it will fit in my dually rearend, so far it is looking good.

DSCN1634.JPG

DSCN1635.JPG

I also bought 4X4 leafs.

DSCN1639.JPG

Right when I turned the corner on to a new row, I seen the 4X4 that I was going to get the carrier out of, but just to the right was a fresh Datsun 521, with what looked like a good windshield, it also had good rear side marker lights, so I grabbed the both them and the windshield, along with the wiper arms.

DSCN1638.JPG

DSCN1640.JPG

While I was looking around at first, I happened to see a 93 hardbody with the rearend hanging down low, it looked strange to me, so I grabbed one of the drums, and spun it, the other drum spun the same way, that was when I realized what looked strange to me, it looked like an H190 rearend in a later hardbody, there was no tag in the engine compartment, and when I finally got the driverside door open, it said it was a HF34 or 35, I cannot remember now, so I walked away and continued my search for the 4X4 I needed for a carrier, well after I got the parts off that 521 I found, and the carrier out of the 4X4, I went back to that 93 hardbody and looked at it again, it really bugged me, it looked like an H190, so I pulled one axle, it looked like it had 29 splines, so I pulled the other axle, driveline, and dropped the pumpkin out expecting to see welded up gears, this is what it looked like in the front,

DSCN1636.JPG

and this is what it looked like on the other end,

DSCN1637.JPG

Now I was having a lot of trouble wrapping my mind around this, the door tag said "HF", but this looks like an H190 to me, so just across from this truck is a Datsun 620 that had the rearend, so I removed one of the axles, and slid the axle into the supposedly HF pumpkin, it fit perfect, I still was not convinced that this was a LSD H190, so I pulled the other axle out of the 620, dropped the pumpkin out, and took it over to that hardbody truck, installed the pumpkin in that housing, and then installed the axles, everything seem to fit perfect, to finally to convince myself that I actually was looking at a H190 LSD, I traded the pinion flanges, the 620 pumpkin pinion flange fit the LSD pumpkin perfect, I am still not convinced this is what I think it is, but I bought the freaking thing, I will look at it some more.
The ring gear has these numbers on it, "39:11 jy 6 5 15", at least the last two look like a 15, what is the gearing?

My guess is whatever 39 divided by 11 is. Sorry, the kid took my calculator. Good score for sure. If you find another 521 windshield, please let me know.

That would be 354 gears, I am not sure what I would put it in that has the torque to turn them gears, my diesel 521KC will, but there is no point putting an LSD in that truck.