waynos acquisitions, ect.

wayno

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much did the diff cost? I am thinking I want to go to 3.7 rear end for my goon.

It was $49.99 plus core($5.99) and environmental fees(almost $5.00), but I bought 3 hubcaps at the same time, my total bill was $65.17 for the gearset and 3 hubcaps.

I didn't check the 370 gearset, don't know if it was good.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I received these today, I plan to have the top one chromed, I am not sure who does this, but I know it can be done as I have a chrome plastic grill.

Does anyone know where I can have plastic chromed?

Does anyone know what these are for? :devil:

DSCN0037.jpg

DSCN0039.jpg

I bought these from skyc110 in Saudi Arabia, I could hardly beleave how fast they got here, I didn't pay for SCREAMING FAST shipping, but that is what I got.

they look almost like a 720 grill based on the shape but round eyes? please oh please tell me there for a 720 i could actually liek a 720 with round head lights

That's what they are for bonvo, specificly a 1980 datsun 720.

The top grill is an aftermarket grill that I want to get chromed, I just have to find an outfit that sprays chrome paint/??? that looks like chrome, the other two grills are original equipment to Saudi Arabia.

• 3 weeks later...

I went and picked up the A15 I consented to buy, when I got there to pull the engine there was not engine hoist, I wasn't that thrilled at the prospect of trying to lift that engine out with my back, but he said that we were going to connect a chain hoist to the 2X6 rafter beams of the carport, I looked at the beam and was dubious that it would hold, but he said the owner told him to do it, it is not my roof, so we went for it.

When he said we were going to use a rope to connect the chain hoist to the engine, I had to start taking photos, that is the epitome of the ratsun way.

DSCN0101.jpg

When I backed my truck under it, I had to take another photo, that is a engine/transmission hanging from a eye that is turned into that beam maybe an inch, it's just some weenie ass eye you would buy at the hardware store to hang a plant from your eve.

DSCN0103.jpg

My truck was full of gutter debris from my customers houses, it's a way better place to sit an engine that a tire.

DSCN0104.jpg

I heard the engine run, it sounded good but smoked a little, I hope it isn't going to need rebuilt.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought this engine today for the oilpan and dual SU setup, it supposedly ran when pulled, I will get it running then likely sell the block for cheap without the oilpan or carbs, otherwise scrap-o-rama.

DSCN0435.jpg

DSCN0434.jpg

DSCN0436.jpg

I will be selling this 4 speed transmission also, don't know a lot about it, but it does have a good front L block case, so it is worth something, as that case will fit on a modern 720 shortshaft 5 speed to make a 521 shortshaft truck 5 speed.

DSCN0448.jpg

DSCN0447.jpg

DSCN0449.jpg

I also seen this while there, it is a L20b with a offy 4 barrel intake manifold and a MSD ign. package.

DSCN0432.jpg

DSCN0430.jpg

DSCN0429.jpg

DSCN0433.jpg

Wayno,

You just showed the easy part of that job. Last time I was at your house, that area was packed full Datsun, and more Datsun stuff, and a whole lot of other stuff, and I really do not recall you having much of a place to move it to while you raked out the lean-to and put down the pavers.

• 4 weeks later...

I picked this up while removing a diesel wiring harness from an 82 datsun diesel truck.

DSCN0666.jpg

I also got some of the diesel specific parts such as the gas pedal/fast idle cable, but the cable knob was no good.  :crying:

DSCN0668.jpg

I left the transmission as I could not get the top starter bolt out.

I went to the Sherwood wrecking yard last Sunday and pulled a diesel wiring harness with all components, I got a few hard to find diesel specific parts, and I pulled the Datsun am/fm radio, I hope it works.

Here is the radio.

DSCN0666.jpg
And here is the diesel gas pedal with engine warm up rpm control cable.
DSCN0668.jpg
I tried to get the transmission out, but the top starter bolt would not move, so I gave up.
  • 3 weeks later...

That's weird, I posted the same thing two days apart, I'm losing it.  :hmm:

I bought these a while back.

DSCN0772.jpg

I did goof though, I should have bought one or two sets of two prong lights without the internal turn signal lights, but that is something I can do later, I want to have a couple amber ones as fogs/brights.

This 7" set is for the 520 project.

DSCN0773.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
My dogleg shift pattern shifter knob came today from "cl72wagon" today.

It took one day to get here, amazing.

Nice! I kinda want to get one for my dogleg.

Thats what happens from such local shippers. I get most things on the west coast in about 2 days, providing they are instantly furnished to the shipper.