waynos acquisitions, ect.

wayno

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished the power steering pump mount/ajuster, it is a complete self contained unit, except for the steering gear itself, all I need the the belt to finish that part of the setup.

It's so simple, and it is all right there, low and out of the way, but accessible, much better than having the reservoir on the inner fender well.

DSCN0741.jpg

DSCN0740.jpg

DSCN0734.jpg

DSCN0731.jpg

DSCN0744.jpg

All the belts are on the front of the engine, it was a pain to find the power steering belt, but the baxter crew stuck with it, and we found something I could work with after a little ajustment.

DSCN0760.jpg

I had to put some spacers behind the PS mount bracket, as the belt was just a little long, but the next smaller size was way to small.

DSCN0763.jpg

As you can see, the ajuster is in the middle now.

DSCN0764.jpg

Then I did some measuring, and figured that the 66 520 body will fit on the 85 frame lengthwise, as it is within an inch.

I also finished the e-brake system, and most of the other stuff I needed to do before I drop the cab onto the frame.

So I yanked the body off the frame again, I am getting to good at this, i've done it to many times. :lol:

DSCN0766.jpg

To many times. :unsure:

DSCN0768.jpg

I will prbably start posting this build on the 66KC thread now, as that is where this frame is going.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking at that datsun roadster at the vancouver pick n pull yard for a few weeks now, and it never crossed my mind to check the steering gear in it, as my roadster gear is a little loose, it is a lot tighter than mine so I went and grabbed it.

What a PAIN IN THE ASS to get out of there, I didn't have the correct tools, but I got it out of there somehow without pulling the pitman arm.

DSCN0945.jpg

DSCN0946.jpg

I snagged this the other day, I was trying to get the L20b intake manifold off the engine and gave up, but as I was looking down, I seen this strange looking oilpan, I got down there and looked real close at it, the sump is in front of the steering linkage in a 521.

All I had to do was drop the 521 idler arm, and the pan almost dropped out onto the ground, I snagged the oil pickup tube also.

DSCN0955.jpg

DSCN0954.jpg

DSCN0953.jpg

DSCN0956.jpg

Has anyone noticed how expensive stuff is at "Pick n pull" lately?

I would say to use part of the S for the curve you are missing. It is the only letter that has a curve that is only half height.

Other than that looks like the leg is lined up pretty dang well.

I thought about that, but it's to much welding, if it looks like crap once I clean it up with filler, then I will make some ajustments to round the corner, to do this, I only had to cut one square out and drop one square in.

I bought one more power steering pump/reservior out of the nissan sentra at the foster road yard today.

DSCN1094.jpg

Also got some misc. 521 parts such as the fuel tank filler neck with all associated rubber seals, a few lenses ect.

DSCN1089.jpg

I am starting to have an issue with their prices, that PS pump costed over $46.00, and I had to tell them I didn't want the extra warranty, they add it in automaticly now, so they took it off and informed me that the braket on the pump was $8.50 extra, and they added that in, which was .50 cents less than if I would have said nothing and got the braket with the pump and the extra warranty.

Has anyone noticed they don't have 50% off sales on holidays anymore, they have a membership sort of thing now, like your shopping at safeway or someplace like that, they want your information, like an email address, phone # and such, any info that can be collected and sold, like what you buy, and I am not saying what you personally buy, more of what the general population buys.

I beleave that one day it will determine what they actually will buy to put out in the yards, one day they might not even buy datsuns for the yards, they might go strait to scrap, if they figure they don't make enough money on them, as there is more money in hondas, ect.

I don't/won't give my email address out to anyplace like that, so I am not a member, and I have not shopped regular at safeway since they started the card thing either(once a year maybe), and that was almost 20 years ago, but there is still a differance between "safeway" and "pick n pull", when I on very rare occasions go into a "safeway" and buy something, and they ask me for my card/number, and I say I don't have one, they look at me like i'm anti establishment, and sigh, that hasn't happened at the pick n pulls yet.

Theres only 1 pick a part type salvage yard around here. They look at ya walking in,, and set a price range that way! I try to only go with friends that have junky looking cars,, so we can get a good deal! Seriously,, I watch em size us up and make up a price right then. Fortunately, they dont have any thing good,, just newer stuff.

So these came in the mail yesterday, but I wasn't home to except delivery, so I went and picked them up today, fact is I thought the guy ripped me off, as he wouldn't give me a tracking number, and I was asking the mail gal everytime she delivered a box, "is it from australia?", well when it came and I wasn't here, she wrote in big letters on the pick-up note, "FROM AUSTRALIA" :lol:

DSCN1111.jpg

I also got this 320 radio delete plate from him.

DSCN1126.jpg

I actually emailed him a couple days ago, I said he should refund my money, or give me a tracking number so I could find out what is going on, I was lead to beleave it was shipped almost 3 months ago, he finally informed me it was sent by ship after I drilled him for the method of shipment, I didn't care how it was shipped, as long as it had been shipped.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I guess I scored today, sort of, I bought this today at the foster rd. PNP, I thought I was never going to find one ever,

DSCN1326.jpg

DSCN1333.jpg

DSCN1328.jpg

DSCN1334.jpg,

Since I thought I was never going to find one, I bought one two days ago on ebay :hmm:, and then I find this one for half the price. :), I guess I do have more than one 521 that I can put them in, and this one is ready for my 521KC diesel.

DSCN1335.jpg

I also snagged two decent(not perfect) arm rests for the same truck, and I also got two squeegees out of a volvo that I am hoping will work on my NL320 exterior doors to keep the water out of the doors.

DSCN1327.jpg

DSCN1332.jpg

Oh yea, I also grabbed the smooth ashtray that will match the smooth dashes I have in my 521s

• 1 month later...

I picked up a couple roadster hoods today, they are both damaged, but the hood scoops are just fine.

DSCN1446.jpg

DSCN1447.jpg

DSCN1456.jpg

DSCN1457.jpg

I also found these 3 hubcaps in the back of a 620 in sherwood, I couldn't beleave they were there, and the 3 cost me $1.49 each, what a buy.

DSCN1448.jpg

I also found this, I hunted for one of these for a month last time I was looking for one for myself, I was looking for Jeff this time, the second truck I walked up to had it, 3.545 gears, I clean the ID plate to make sure I wasn't seeing things, then I turned the the drums and counted to make sure, and sure enough, a good(no play) set of gears.

DSCN1455.jpg

DSCN1452.jpg