waynos acquisitions, ect.

wayno

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to buy the two covers over and under the turn blinker switches and the e-brake cover and the center air vent (swivel piece) and one window crank.

How much?

Bill

I have a question, the center swivel pieces, do you need the housing and swivel pieces, or just the swivel pieces themselves?

I want to buy the two covers over and under the turn blinker switches and the e-brake cover and the center air vent (swivel piece) and one window crank.

How much?

Bill

At the moment I will be keeping the column covers, but the two swivel center air vent pieces(2-black in color), e-brake cover(faded blue color), and a window crank(blue) will be $25.00 shipped, I am sorry, but the shipping is $10.95 in a prepaid box(USA), the e-brake cover won't fit in a small box. Is there anything else, it just doesn't seem worth it.

DSCN0178.jpg

DSCN0177.jpg

DSCN0176.jpg

I have just about pulled everything I am going to pull off the car, except the driveline, it still has the front and back suspension complete at the moment, who wants what locally for cheap, redbanner, you expressed interest in the 4 link, you come help pull it and it's yours for $30.00, you want? It also has the front struts, anyone interested in them? All the glass is there also, I want this gone by monday eve. wayno

• 1 month later...

I aquired this today, a mostly complete 1986 720 KC frame, it has about a 4 inch drop in the rear, bump stops were removed, it did not have a steering gear, but still towed just fine, which amazed me to tell the truth, I thought I was going to have to strap the steering assembly tight, but it followed the work truck just fine.

Don't know which vehicle cab is going to be used on this frame yet, but it has the vented rotors already, and it came already cleaned up.

DSCN0371.jpg

DSCN0373.jpg

DSCN0372-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I made a trip to the vancouver wrecking yard today, I actually wanted to see the roadster, imagine you walk up to a POS roadster, and it looked like a POS from far away, and it has a brand new roll bar in it, it is not new of course, but it is the only thing shiny on the car, until I looked in the trunk, hubcaps, score!

I got the roll bar, the dual choke cable, 2 roaster hubcaps, 2 dogdish hubcaps, and an alternator bracket from the roadster.

Then I went 2 vehicles over, and got the radiator shroud, heater switch, and headlight brows off a 71 521.

I also bought a bracket from the L20b block that might work for a power steering mount in the future off the 521

DSCN0574.jpg

DSCN0572.jpg

There so sparklely.

DSCN0575.jpg

I got all of this for $108.00

Well, I need to stop going to the wrecking yards and start using the stuff I am buying, I picked up this nice homemade double wall box setup for a 521, there is no way I could make this for $20.ish dollars, and it was made with care and precision.

DSCN0583.jpg

DSCN0582.jpg

I also picked up these, the liner was needed for another one I have that didn't have the gate liner, and the visor is for a 720, it was $11.00, I couldn't pass that up, we'll see what it looks like on the 720 dually.

DSCN0586.jpg

DSCN0585.jpg

DSCN0584.jpg

DSCN0587.jpg

I started to figure out what issues I was going to have by lowering a 1986 nissan 720 frame without bagging it, a few of the first things I noticed was I was running out of ajustment on the upper arms, and was pulling the tops of the wheels in.

Then I noticed that the upper ball joints were binding.

DSCN0615.jpg

DSCN0616.jpg

So then I decided to attack the ball joint binding issue first, and it was an idea I had while thinking about yesterday evening, I flipped the upper A-arms over and reversed sides this fixed the binding issue.

DSCN0614.jpg

DSCN0613.jpg

DSCN0612.jpg

It created another issue, and I am not sure yet what I am going to do about it yet.

What have you guys been doing about this problem, the steering arm and idler arm resting/hitting the strut rod

DSCN0610.jpg

I also removed the bump stops while playing with it.

DSCN0611.jpg

Then I decided to attack the wheel ajustment issue, I took both upper arms, and lengthened them an inch.

DSCN0619.jpg

DSCN0618.jpg

That fixed the the ajustment issue, and now it can be shimmed.DSCN0622.jpg

I will have one more 521KC in me, I already have all the parts needed to make it up, but I am unsure of how to make a half suicide door at this moment, and this project will be next winter at the earliest, I need to get this 520 done, which has a long way to go, and get started on the 320 project.

It was an expensive day today, there just aren't any good deals anymore at the "you pull its" around here.

This is what I got today, I am almost done with getting what I need for my next 2 projects, I still need torsion bars for a 720 kingcab frame though, and a few small other things like brake lines, and the rubber carrier piece, anyone parting out a 720 kingcab or longbox truck?

This is what I gathered today.

DSCN0681.jpg

I grabbed a tilt wheel column, with the key, electical assemblys, and cover, the turn signal assembly was a combination of two differant ones to get the plugs to match my early wiring harnesses, as 1980 tilt wheel 720s are not everywhere these days.

DSCN0693.jpg

I also grabbed the power steering gear, power steering is one of my favorite things to do, and I grabbed a power steering pump out of a sentra, this one will be a first for me, it is so compact.

DSCN0694.jpg

I went there to get at least one 2 piece driveline for the 720 kingcab, the first kingcab I looked under, I found this, at first I thought it was somekind of 2 speed third member, then I got down under the truck on my back, and got a good look, it wasn't a driveline reduction setup either, it was a driveline neutralizer setup, it basicly lets the driveline spin freely, never seen such a thing before.

DSCN0687.jpg

It consists of the activator assembly which works like a tranny shifting fork,

DSCN0689.jpg

DSCN0685.jpg

and the rear driveline with the 2 position collar.

DSCN0690.jpg

DSCN0691.jpg

I spent a lot of money today, but I worked my ass off last fall, to be in this position now.

I started by cutting the motor mount surfaces off the frame, they were at the wrong angles.

DSCN0668.jpg

DSCN0667.jpg

Then I bolted the whole motor mount hardware I cut off the 1980 720 4X4 frame on to the engine, set the engine into position, made all the ajustments, and then welded them into position.

DSCN0707.jpg

DSCN0706.jpg

DSCN0697.jpg

DSCN0696.jpg

DSCN0708.jpg

Then I made up a longshaft 5 speed out of my 1980 5 speed transmission, the funny thing is that the front casing I used to make up this tranny, was the original casing that came on the transmission, I removed the case to make my first shortshaft tranny for the work truck more than 5 years ago, and since I changed out that tranny recently, and it needs bearings and syncros, so I used that case. This will be the first longshaft I will use in a 520/521 series truck, I did it for two reasons, the first is that I will not need to make a driveline, as I bought one from the wrecking yard as it is a stock application, the second reason is I find that I am having to lean forward to get it in 5th in the kingcab 521 diesel, as it has a shortshaft 5 spd.

DSCN0709.jpg

The driveline is in, but was unable to get a decent photo of the setup, tomarrow I will get some, I had to redo what the former owner had done to it, I think it works the way it is supposed to now.

Then I attacked the power steering pump mount, it is not done yet, but the main mount is done, now I have to figure out the ajustment part, I have an idea what I am going to do, and if it works, it will be a self contained unit, that will unbolt complete with ajuster/belt tightener, wouldn't that be cool, disconnect the two lines to the steering gear, and 3 bolts holding it on the engine, and it would come off complete, reservior, pump, everything.

DSCN0702.jpg

DSCN0698.jpg

DSCN0717.jpg

DSCN0716.jpg

I beleave that my 1966 520KC is going onto this frame, this will be the 3rd frame for this cab/box, I am hoping it fits, I will make the final measurements tommarow.

It was an expensive day today, there just aren't any good deals anymore at the "you pull its" around here.

This is what I got today, I am almost done with getting what I need for my next 2 projects, I still need torsion bars for a 720 kingcab frame though, and a few small other things like brake lines, and the rubber carrier piece, anyone parting out a 720 kingcab or longbox truck?

This is what I gathered today.

DSCN0681.jpg

I grabbed a tilt wheel column, with the key, electical assemblys, and cover, the turn signal assembly was a combination of two differant ones to get the plugs to match my early wiring harnesses, as 1980 tilt wheel 720s are not everywhere these days.

DSCN0693.jpg

I also grabbed the power steering gear, power steering is one of my favorite things to do, and I grabbed a power steering pump out of a sentra, this one will be a first for me, it is so compact.

DSCN0694.jpg

I went there to get at least one 2 piece driveline for the 720 kingcab, the first kingcab I looked under, I found this, at first I thought it was somekind of 2 speed third member, then I got down under the truck on my back, and got a good look, it wasn't a driveline reduction setup either, it was a driveline neutralizer setup, it basicly lets the driveline spin freely, never seen such a thing before.

DSCN0687.jpg

It consists of the activator assembly which works like a tranny shifting fork,

DSCN0689.jpg

DSCN0685.jpg

and the rear driveline with the 2 position collar.

DSCN0690.jpg

DSCN0691.jpg

I spent a lot of money today, but I worked my ass off last fall, to be in this position now.

Another member got a 510 with this type of drive shaft contraption, it was an automatic and was towed behind something

Another member got a 510 with this type of drive shaft contraption, it was an automatic and was towed behind something

That would make sense, I didn't see anything that made me think this truck was towed, but I wasn't looking that close at the front.

It will make a good anti-theft devise also.

I started working on a 5 speed transmission mount for a 5 speed in the 520/21 series trucks, I got a fairly good start on it, but refuse to try to finish it using my 521 work truck to fab it up, as there is no room under there, what I need is the cross member from a 520/21 that is being scrapped out, as the wrecking yards will not let me take my cordless grinder/cutter in there yards because it makes sparks.

I got started on this because a member here doesn't have the resources to do it themselves, and I need one myself, because the way my current one was made uses only the two front bolts to hold it on, and that mount is pulling the threads out of my cross member.

I have had this bolted to my truck already, and it functions correctly, but I want to use the two upper bolts in that cross member also as the stock mounts use all 4 bolts to hold the tranny mount on.

Anybody scrapping out a 520/21 in the vancouver/portland area?

DSCN0729.jpg

DSCN0728.jpg

DSCN0727.jpg

DSCN0726.jpg

DSCN0725.jpg

DSCN0724.jpg

DSCN0730.jpg