My 77 KC 620

Farmer Joe

okie dokie! 

bought a starter, bought tags, and bought a battery today.. 

truck runs again, and just needed one tire aired up after sitting for 3 months... 

its quick, but so different from the charger... can instantly tell the truck doesnt have a front sway bar. that and how it has no amount of spring rate in the torsion bars... 

thats all for now.. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

there is zero axle wrap... 

like none at all.. 

putting the thick leaf on the top probably give it like another inch of drop compared to not doing it. at acts like a traction bar with it on the top too, and with a spring clamp on the front of the pack, its solid as hell. 

• Like 1

for sure... 

v4fcyVdh.jpg

3 leaf pack. stock main, stock 2nd, and then the main thick spring on the top. 

clamp toward the front of the pack to lock the thick spring down like a traction bar.

if i remember right, i took a leaf out of the lack too. 

its still stiff as hell, and still holds a load really well. had a couple hefty dudes jump up in down in the back, and i cant get it to bottom out anymore.. 

• Like 4

Im trying to get low like you LOL. My plan is to get as low as I can static and then bag it to pick it up when I need to get in and out of places. Id be happy to tuck tire or a little more. Are your tires just old or is the extra low eating at your tires? :)

MantisX

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

back at it again with the datsun stuff... 

water pump from the twin cam engine finally took a shit. took a while for my work to get it over to my store, so i just got it done today. 

put some new batter cable ends on, put a new rad cap on it, and stretched the throttle spring a little bit so the pedal isnt so hard to press... i need a new spring altogether....

also got rid of the little fuel pressure gauge up by the carb. it was leakin, so it got the boot. replaced the whole line fro the t fitting to the carb, and put a new in line filter there too. 

N755myvh.jpg

AGaDwRyh.jpg

vtWFvVOh.jpg

0xNgRqUh.jpg

6FcHI9zh.jpg

2Nm07jvh.jpg

UeMTEH1h.jpg

and then i have this adapter that im gonna try and use to get the 2300 holley im getting. 

UZaw4AQh.jpg

more on that when i get the carb... 

• Like 5