My Brand new hood arrived!

herculesinwyoming

I am pleased with the fit, it will need just a few adjustments and it should fit great.

In this photo i dont have the hood latch mounted yet so the front is sitting a little low.

Thanks to my wife for letting me open my present earlt. :D

ResizedImage_1323297075238.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

start a thread about starting a thread.

jesus man your starting to turn into down shifter. maybe make a project thread and put all your shit up in thuur!

And Zuesmo, start a thread about getting your fucking pinky torn off, bish! TROLOLOLOL..

tumblrldc30z7qaf1qatr5a.gif

Did your wife save her money all year long to get you a hood. WOW! You must be special, and for izzo learn how to spell BITCH!

haha, spelling nazi eh? i didn't edit my post, proof read it, everything is correct except maybe their nicknames. I spelled bish like that on purpose... i dont even care :rofl:

tumblr_lfwdi9eKY71qzlgbao1_r1_400.gif

the fender was a whole lot of adjusting to make it fit, but that maybe partly because of that side having been in a fender bender before,

so far the hood is a real nice fit, but it will also need a good ammount of work to make it fit like it should, the front corners by the fenders curve down too far and go below the fender line, and the rear corners need a slight tweak the too turn down just a little, i think it will just take a little gentle bending,

i am happy with the quality of the part, but if you have zero body work skills you will probably need help from someone with experience, i am waiting for a warmer day to go out and try to adjust it. Right out of the box it did bolt on easy and it closes and latches just fine,

if you want i can go out and take some photos of the fitment issues i have

I once had an aftermarket fender on a truck with the factory hood and fender on the other side. The fitment issue seemed to be the fender itself, not the hood. The Taiwan fenders are too tall up front.

This is true, i bought the fender first, i must have worked 25 hours off aand on to finally get it right, it wasnt an easy bolt on and go project

the fender was a whole lot of adjusting to make it fit, but that maybe partly because of that side having been in a fender bender before,

so far the hood is a real nice fit, but it will also need a good ammount of work to make it fit like it should, the front corners by the fenders curve down too far and go below the fender line, and the rear corners need a slight tweak the too turn down just a little, i think it will just take a little gentle bending,

i am happy with the quality of the part, but if you have zero body work skills you will probably need help from someone with experience, i am waiting for a warmer day to go out and try to adjust it. Right out of the box it did bolt on easy and it closes and latches just fine,

if you want i can go out and take some photos of the fitment issues i have

I think I will try to fix my hood, I already have it and all it needs is some dent pounding and the braces re glued. Has anybody seen those tiawan fenders? they dont fit very good at all. they all have a large gap where the fender meets the cowl, and the front area around the headlights is usually all crooked. They also have a line running down the top of the fender. 50$ or not, you get what you pay for.

• Like 1

hey herc, would you mind taking pictures of where the hood mounts and the braces, as well as the hood latch area? Thanks

OK will do tomorrow morning, actually how about i just do a short video of the hood? I have been wanting to try out my new camera.

The hood was packed real well, not a bit of damage to it, shipped by fedex.

I have one of the repop fenders on my truck and it acctually looks good, just a few mounting holes were off