The joys of conditioned air.

Rockatansky620

I'm guessing factory air on these trucks, especially the early models was a bit of an option. I'm planning my KA24E swap in early January and hoping to turn my truck into my daily and be rid of my cavi sedan. Has anyone retrofitted a/c into their truck using componenets from a 240 or some other vehicle. With a KA in place is it possible to use a 240 compressor and 620 factory interior components? I'm thinking i should just hunt down a factory air truck and take all the components out and just use a 240 or HB compressor with some fabbed up lines.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a free spinning compressor, bracket, condensor, etc from my 521. The condensor/blower motor combo was kinda weird though. It had like a plastic vent that ran the length of the dash. The air controls were mounted in this plastic vent as well as the blower assembly.

To say the least, the plastic vent thing that bolted to the bottom of the dash is broken. I saved the control panel and the blower assembly. The condensor in the blower assembly may need replacement because while trying to be nice and undo the hoses by their fittings, it twisted the end of the condensor and kinked it if I remember correctly until I gave in and cut the hose.

Just saying, if you want to go that route. Don't know if the bracket will work on a KA block. All the L engines it worked on because they had the 4 threaded holes on the drivers side of the block.

Why not pull a system from something that actually ran the KA like the 240sx...