Back from the paint shop !

domn8tr

Been slowly working on the 521 I bought from SdSurf awhile ago and it's almost done!biggrin.gif I went thru the motor and put in the missing pencil seals, added an A87 race ported head, Weber 32/36. Z24 oil pump and spraybar, matchbox dizzy, Big Volvo Radiator (Thanks Mike!) New clutch and rebuilt dogleg 5 speed. I also picked up some (fresh) j'yard seats and a new carpet kit. I kept the shade the same but brought it up to date with a fine metallic. Now i just have to change the chunked up diff and do a little assembly and hopefully next week I'll roll on down to Starbucks!

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frustrating day... Spent hours down at A&B looking to trade the 437 for another diff preferably a 411 or 390 but to no avail. I thought the aluminum 521 diff had a 485 but both are 437. i threw it in anyway. guess i'll just live with the same ratio for now. I'll post more pics when i get a little further along.wink.gif

The radiator is a Volvo unit. SDSurf gave it to me when i bought the truck. I had a friend fab a inlet piece where the temp sender was. I found a small cap at the local motorcycle yard and used an aluminum sport water bottle for a coolant recovery bottle. The truck runs super cool, on the very left line of the operating range. I want it that way cause summers hit 100 around heresweat.gif