Some new parts for the 1200...

datsunfreak

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the motor mounts on the front x-member fit against the "frame rails" in the engine bay? I have heard that doing this greatly increases the stiffness of the x-member to body interface and it looks like this could have possible been incorperated onto this setup.

Hey you said new parts..... CA's are junk yard engines in Japan :D hehe

Sometime you should have your girlfriend hold the camera, that way we may recognize you at an event.

what did the ca set you back

It was about $1200 shipped, but it came with EVERYTHING. :D

Sometime you should have your girlfriend hold the camera, that way we may recognize you at an event.

Tell you what, THIS time I will actually introduce myself to you at Canby. :D

You're coming, right?

Tell you what, THIS time I will actually introduce myself to you at Canby. :D

You're coming, right?

Just because I'm not on the BB list doesn't mean I'm not going :D Hell yeah I will be there!!! only the best event of the year. Which reminds me I need to sign up for the show. Gotta enter 1 of my rigs. Will your CA 1200 be there? I though you were putting it in the 510?

Hell yeah I will be there!!! Will your CA 1200 be there?

Nah, just me and my camera. Maybe next year, though?

I though you were putting it in the 510?

Yeah, I figured why not put it in a car that's 300-400 pounds lighter instead... :D

You tell me, power-to-weight ratio of 10:1 or 8:1? Not a tough decision...

And I got a SUPER good deal on the CA/1200 swap kit. Now I need to decide what I'm going to do with the CA/510 swap kit I have... :lol:

yea its a ncie kit, only thing i dotn like abou tit is the exhaust clearence thru under the tranny mount.

Me neither. That's why I'm binning it and building my own. :D

what manifold is that? ebay?

Yeah, XS POWER off ebay. Welds are nice, and it's all stainless, but hey if only only lasts a year or two it's no big deal. I'll be wanting a bigger turbo by then anyway. ;)

Mr. Santos, do you realize me and you might be the only guys in the US with a CA 1200? Who's next? :D

Yes, you two have the only known CA-powered 1200s in USA...

I am thinking of the QR25 swap, but will wait until somebody wrecks a 2005 or newer pickup...which have the RWD version. I hope maybe a totaled pickup could be bought for $2500. Am I dreaming?

I am thinking of the QR25 swap, but will wait until somebody wrecks a 2005 or newer pickup...which have the RWD version. I hope maybe a totaled pickup could be bought for $2500. Am I dreaming?

Whether or not you're dreaming depends on how soon you plan to do this. ;)

Now? Yes. 3-4 years from now? Probably not.

But keep in mind, it's OBD-II. Wiring will be a bitch, unless you go with a stand-alone.

Also, you might want to measure the height some time before then. I'd bet that tall ass block won't allow the engine to clear the hood.

Go down to the dealer with a tape measure this weekend. :D

Me neither. That's why I'm binning it and building my own. :D

Mr. Santos, do you realize me and you might be the only guys in the US with a CA 1200? Who's next? :D

i wouldnt doubt it for one sec.

ill be running open Downpipe most the time so im not sweating the tranny mount too much :P

i personally am shooting for 9's in the long run. either with teh CA or go SR down the road.

have you mounted the seat yet? i know i my Recaro SPG left shoulder hump is like a pub hair away from the lock/door. and i know the EVO seat is a tad wider i think.