A15 or L20b into 320

msdm

hey everyone im a newbie on this site. i have just scored myself a 1964 320 ute to restore any tips/advise would be greatly appreciated especially for the engine transplant :) A15 needs a rebuild L20 doesnt just not sure what one to use L20 is sweet with twin su's 2/12 inch extractors and 5 spd ready to go just needs a lumpy cam and flywheel :)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Ratsun

This guy put a L18 in his NL320 ute, it is a tight fit, fact is I didn't think it could be done without cutting the firewall.

http://community.rat...__fromsearch__1

Is your 320 a truck(L320), the box is separate from the cab, or a NL320, which the box is connected to the cab, like the pickup in the link above?

We sure would like to get a look at your 320, post some photos of it please. :lol:

Here is an A15 engine/5 spd. in my L320 truck, it was a challange, it was my first datsun conversion.

DSCF0018.jpg

cheers :) its an L320 separate box and cab. the l18 looks like a tight fit but means the 20 will go. doesnt seem like he has cut the fire wall but u never know til u give it a go. ive had a few Datsuns in my time 4 Stanzas (510) in the states i believe a blue bird, a 720 ute a 180b, and now the 64 320 :) i havnt got it yet but will post pics up as soon as i do :)

cheers :) its an L320 separate box and cab. the l18 looks like a tight fit but means the 20 will go. doesnt seem like he has cut the fire wall but u never know til u give it a go. ive had a few Datsuns in my time 4 Stanzas (510) in the states i believe a blue bird, a 720 ute a 180b, and now the 64 320 :) i havnt got it yet but will post pics up as soon as i do :)

I do not beleave that he had a stock fan in his NL320, I have forgotten already, and I don't want to reread the thread right now. Good luck with your build, and he doesn't have a heater in his ute, the engine is to close to the firewall, at least I think that was his pickup missing the heater, Brrrrrrrrrr, no way, I got to have a heater. :D