• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Ratsun Community,

I am very new to the Datsun family having purchased a box flared 510 with an L20B motor yesterday.  I hardly know anything about these cars but look forward to bringing mine back to life.  

Two days ago I had the privilege of meeting Ron (killer orange 510 with the modern turbo), who was patient enough to fill me in on what I have.

I have a great deal of work ahead of me and looking forward to the wrenching, but  I have a great deal of questions.  The car came with the Hayes manual as well as a book on how to Hotrod and race 510s.

Once this post is complete,  I have questions about my exhaust manifold and the different intake setups I have (which will be posted in the respective topics).

Please have some patience with me since I have  zero clue :)

Thanks all,

Brian

Link to the ride I bought on Bring A Trailer

Hi Brian, I would suggest starting an introduction thread in General Discussion. This is Keepers thread cataloging the latest specimens to run through his stable. :)

WOW WTF a 620

20160719_125657_1469493821164_resized_zp

Is this getting the keeper treatment? I'd love to see what you'd do with a 620 :cool: 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I know where there was a 4 door that used to be in a field for ever. I wish I had a place to keep all the 510s I could have got. I had never seen so many until I had moved back to MS. Now you never see any. I think of that 4 door every time I go by that field which is now thick woods. I always wonder if it is still there.

Nice truck,

There is a 620 I have been seeing for a way long time but can not get any info about the people who have it. I think it is all tide up in some sort of dispute between family members. I plan to keep leaving notes on it. Ya never know when someone might call about if you still want that Datsun. That's how I got most of mine.

IMG_20140626_103916.jpg

• 1 month later...