Lowest static drop...

Slixon

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can re-index the torsion bar by removing it and rotating it a few splines and putting it back in. This will allow more bolt adjustment. Some cut the rubber bump stops which allow even more drop. Just keep in mind that this is not how the 620 suspension was designed or intended. Basically you will have no suspension at all and only the compliance of the tires for softening the bumps. Pinto shocks are slightly shorter if you are bottoming them out.

You can slam a 620 down static no issues... On one of my 620s I have stepped notch A arms, with toxic shocks, nubbed the bump stop, and I have a 3 inch block with one leave removed and a c-notch. It rides awsome. In my other 620, Re idexed the front torsions, 2 notches, toxic shocks, de arched leaf springs in back with a 2 inch block, and a c-notch. Both have air shocks in the back. Both have 17 inch rims and both tuck to the rim in the back, and almost to the rim in front, could go down futher in front, but then you have turning issues....Good luck!

De-Arched rear springs, with a 1" block. Bump stops cut out till they were just little pads left. Fronts were cut down a ways too, and dropped and resting on them. Let me tell you, its a rough ride. I like the lowered look, but when you get that far its dumb and rides like SHIT.

Ill take less lower and a little suspension over on its nuts any day, and leave moar lower for people who want their shit in the weeds and deal with it :rofl:

2011-11-04_09-43-33_759.jpg

2011-11-04_09-43-40_999.jpg

IMG_20110624_205553.jpg

IMG_20110630_102840.jpg

H2theizzo....yours leaf springs wherent dearched they where flipped, giving them no flex and no spring to them...Mine on my chopped top where actually de arched, they are flat, you take them out they have no arch. That why I anly have a 2 inch block in the rear..and it sits as low as yours does...

Look close your leaf springs, the are just flipped....it was good that you got new leaf springs. I will post a picture of mine when I get on and you can see then difference...And there is no reason you can lower a truck, and still have it ride decent. Mine both ride nice, my blue longbed, rides like stock...

My Set-Up (Slight Rake)

It Rides SMOOTH

Front:

Low Profile Bump Stops (Summit), KYB Gas-A-Just Shocks, Raised Shock Towers 2", Stock Torsion Bars

Rear:

720 4x4 Leaf Springs, 3" Lowering Blocks, And Monroe Coilover Load Adjusting Shocks (C Notch Frame If You Wish(Not Nessesary Unless You Carry A Load))

225/60/14 BFGoodrich Radial T/A On Stock Steelies

Have The Same Stance As The Guy On Top

well let see I am running 720 4x4 leafs with 2in blocks now and shocks bottomed out up front( trying to get the time to raise the upper shock mount) before I was running the same set up but with 3in blocks and any bump I hit the rearend would hit the frame. first oic it as of now. This on I dont have the front all the way down 051011151912.jpg and this was before with 3in blocks 041111192726.jpg

im running no bump stumps on all 4 corners, indexed torsions, shorter shocks up front, 3 inch blocks in rear with only 2 leaves and air shocks in rear. btw, i also have had my exhaust done multiple times even with the last two having skid plates welded to them. and heavy wall pipe. recent skid plate started out a 1/4 inch thick.

• 2 weeks later...

i had mine down with torsions just plain unbolted for a day and riding on bottoming out stock shocks, and another day to see how low i could go i had no shocks and torsions loosened till the from bump stop mount hit the upper arm and it was loooooow. 0 suspension though, literally. i didnt drive it this way

H2theizzo....yours leaf springs wherent dearched they where flipped, giving them no flex and no spring to them

Those springs were de arched but it was done in the mid eighties.So they have alot of miles on them, I know cause I was a high school kid when I bought it back in 94. if you look at the spring clamps, the rivet is on the bottom and the ears are on top

i lowered it alot...

i dont know how much its dropped.. the front is cranked and re-indexed, and with the stock old ass shocks, i have like an inch of travel..

the back is 'monoleafed' with a 3 in block.. it has 3 leafs in the pack, one curved oerload that the main spring kinda "rolls on"... youll see the pics..

i dont have the bottom portion of the carrier bearin crossmember anymore... its has been drug even with the frame... anyone that knows, knows thats alot fo material to drag off...

oics, kind sir!

IMG_20110726_154049.jpg

IMG_20110208_134321.jpg

2010-05-07164146.jpg

air shocks also for getting in and out of driveways and shit..

IMG_20110209_163948.jpg

61701_102010869863349_100001633083629_11145_6149612_n.jpg

dont mind the shock in this pic... lol this is how the leaf pack is setup..

IMG_20100813_182943.jpg

2010-04-30145303.jpg

that low enough? lol, it is for me..

dont mind the shock in this pic...

IMG_20100813_182943.jpg

You do good work :lol:

Mine is riding the ends of the shocks in front. Cranked and re-indexed torsions. 3" blocks in the back with stock springs, I load it up from time to time. :)

Picture018-4.jpg

Picture005-8.jpg

Picture006-2.jpg

Picture007-2.jpg

It's down right now for shock mount extension and a bunch of other work.

Picture062.jpg

• Like 1