82 720 KC build thread

poor-mans-720

I used 4x4 lumber... Just cut into 3" blocks... I wanted to see how it would look, ride, fit before I invested in steel tubing... I like it alot now. So im picking up some 3" tube steel to replace the wooden blocks. Other then that, just some 7", 1/2" carriage bolts that I cut to the needed length with a grinder. I will get some pics on here today of the blocks a interior.

Im also in the process of cutting out uca spacers from some aluminum stock tht I have. Gonna go for an 1" of lift, then lengthen the rear shackels for an 1" lift back there...

Leavenworth is about 2 hrs away from my side too. That just might have to happen. I tore my carpet out a long time ago. time the PO had spilt alot of stuff in there and it reeked of dampness. Underneath it was a rubber liner that worked pretty good. But it was hard to clean all te cracks around it and what not. So I tore it all out and am just gonna paint the tub. Maybe even rhino line it.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

damn, i need to get a shorcut... lol or make it send me a text or something... i painted both of them myself in my garage. using just some rustoleoum and painters tape. I coated them HEAVILY with clear so they should last awhile.... gas just shot up here to over $4. so i was inspired. the hood vents are stock. you can get them off 81's-84 or 86 i think. i think i have a pic of the windshield sticker in this thread. it says, "If I wanted a HUMMER Id call your sister" I has a friend make it for me. I hate hummers so i had to show it...

31"x10.5 15's

Speaking of which I was just looking into rebuild on the z22. I'll be watching our thread closely. Thinking about L20 crank, bore out to 89mm, z24 pistons, and a L series head... Ppl call em Frankenstein motors. Supposedly have some good rev range. im just sick of my z22. Seems so gutless... What RPM do you normally run up to? II shift at 4000 it feels like im pushing it hard. But alot of ppl say they should run into the 6000 range.

So i tore out my rubber mat and all the carpet and padding out of my interior. While standing over it, looking upon it. I stuck up an ideal. Mud flaps....

So here it is fresh out of my truck

temporary-30.jpg

and cut up into mudflap size

temporary-34.jpg

Materials to make bracket

temporary-28.jpg

Bracket made

temporary-29.jpg

temporary-27.jpg

made up

temporary-31.jpg

temporary-32.jpg

finished product

temporary-33.jpg

Any feed back on these? kinda curious to how ya'll would feel.

• Like 1