1979 Datsun 210 (B310)brake upgrade

angelmanuel

i an in the process of upgrading the fron brakes on my B310. i have read on here many people saying these fit, those could be used etc. alson some folks say these wont work, those dont fit.

what i need to know once and for all which brakes do work so i can go get them.

please let me know what you know...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, just about any brakes can fit. Some guys fit GM brakes to them.

Take your pick.

The only ones that "bolt-on" are the B310 brakes. These are a relatively large rotor and stop well if in good condition. But they are non-vented, so will fade with repeated use, like when racing or zooming down mountain roads.

Here are some of my favorite brake swaps for B310 -- all of which require fabrication or replacing the entire strut/hub/spring assembly:

* 280ZX brakes - vented small rotor

* Wilwood racing brakes

* NISMO MK63 bracing brakes

Yes, just about any brakes can fit. Some guys fit GM brakes to them.

Take your pick.

The only ones that "bolt-on" are the B310 brakes. These are a relatively large rotor and stop well if in good condition. But they are non-vented, so will fade with repeated use, like when racing or zooming down mountain roads.

Here are some of my favorite brake swaps for B310 -- all of which require fabrication or replacing the entire strut/hub/spring assembly:

* 280ZX brakes - vented small rotor

* Wilwood racing brakes

* NISMO MK63 bracing brakes

can you be more specific as to what work would i need to do? i need to know asap so i can go searching

• 8 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I do keep seeing ads from "Aerospace Components" for racing brake setups for the 210, my factory brakes seem to work pretty well for me since I've worked to make the car lighter, or at least well enough the $800 price tag for the fancy brakes seem unnecessary, but I'd love to know what people thought of them.