EFI info

DATN510

It should run well without the O2 sensor. The most important thing is the MAP or TPS. Do you have the right settings for the units you are using?

The air-fuel ratio needed is identical to stock motor or non-stock (unless you have a really long duration camshaft , aka full race cam, then the idle ratio will be quite different). If you set it rich (13:1) any engine should run good on that even with a 3/4 race cam. Because yours is non-stock, the fine tuning will make a big difference when you try to lean it out for max fuel economy with good performance. That's the tricky part..

• Like 1
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm running TPS, CLT, IAT and o2 sensor. the cam is 488-266 with over sized valves and open ports.

I'm learning as I go, I will be running in alpha-n mode which will read off the TPS, IAT and o2.

I still need to config my warm-up and idle control.

That's where i'm at?

And i'm also learning how to adjust fuel?

• Like 1

Hello all, Im in the home stretch here and need a little help.

I spent all day reading megasquirt manual and finally got the new plenum setup running accept she wont idle unless the rpm's are up to 1500-1700.

When I let off the throttle that is set at around 900-1000 rpm's just dies out.

I ran her in Speed density and Alpha-n, reading that I have a large overlap cam (488-266) wouldn't work because of mani pressure being to low.

I tested on both speed density and alpha-n with the same results.

Also tweaked on the ASE with no help.

Has anyone been in this position for megasquirt that can help?

Thanks

Mike

turn the o2 corrections off until your a good map and the o2 corrections should not be working at 1000rpm, more like 1300 or 1500. i have mine turned off at the moment. I'm not even using a tps (because it shit itself) but will as soon as i get a new one.

I have turned off the o2 sensor, I set the authority to 0% that shut it down but I still see the readings. That got her running again.

The TPS im using I got at the junk yard off a saab 900 for 45$ and megasquirt it actually has the spec's on it.

• 2 months later...

Hi all as requested, here is a video of all the hard ass work that was done on the 510.

And I want to thank all of you that contributed on helping me with this prodject.

I couldn't have done it with out you!

I would like to make a special thanks to Jeff! that is brillant when it comes to megasquirt.

The fact that it was so simple, Jeff steared me in the right direction to figuring it out.

The Datsun AKA Hallie runs very strong and is very fast (HP 175 with a torque of 215).

I still have a lot of adjusting to do still and i'm still learning.

So on this video due to the idle being so low when she is cold, doesn't sound so good.

When she warms up she idles at 950 RPM.

Hope you like the video.

20121013_195019.jpg

th_20121013_195059.jpg

Here is the next project that's going on now, the Turbo charger.

I'm sending out the turbo mani to get done correctly due to argone ratings to make the mani sound.

I have alot of work to do on this one, because I want to keep the intercooler hidden to keep the stock look.

I already have a same side intercooler in mind that will work perfect for this part of the project.

Any feedback would be nice, here is a pic of turbo setup.

???

20121013_212225.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hello All, hows everyone been? I know it's been a while and im about ready to put on this turbo. I need some help? I need to get some deep dish pistons for the L18 which is out of a 74 610 or 720 truck. So if anyone has some info where I can get comp piston that are deep dish it would be much appreciated. I will post pics later, im also installing rebuilt tranny and center force clutch.

Hi Jes,

Thanks for the reply. I have a stock L18 with an 85mms bore at least that's what the spec's say and 38.1 piston with 4.36 volume. I need to create as little compression as possible for the turbo to run higher Boost. Im also going to ring the head or block.

Thanks Mike

That's my plan, the head I have has v8 valves ported and polished with a 488-266 cam. I also spoke with troy Ermish and he said my A87 head would work great. That I needed to create space in the chamber and o-ring the head to compensate the boost for the turbo.

im just having a hard time finding the piston's I need.

volume wise.......9-11. Stock is 4.37.

Thanks again Jes for your help!

Mike

Hey Guys and girls, Have some questions. Im looking for some forged dish pistons for the L18 and some comp rings for my turbo set up it;s really close to being complete.

Also, question about the A87 peanut head. I was thinking about creating some more compression space by grinding out the peanut part to create some space to lower the compression a bit. has anyone attempted this and or is it possible to work?

Thank you!

Mike

Another thing is that I read in a Z forum that the L series engine can handle up to 350 hp with the stock pistons???