EFI info

DATN510

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes mike explained that part to me on the diameter of the runner.

How do I get the air going into penum not to go into #1 cylinder? I have a set of Shorty volocity stacks and a set of 2 1/2 inch stacks.

Million dollar question.With the angle,the air going into #1 is going to have a short straight run..Not good for "things being equal"department.THe stacks would help,but i can't say if they are the answer.I'm going to be talking to some "in the know" folks soon.I'll put it past them and see what they say.If i were you,i'd start asking some posers to some people that build manifolds for a living.Better to ask questions now.

To be sure of things,you'd want to put the manifold on a flow bench.And i know that's not what you wanted to hear. :(

All righty then, I've been dooing my home work on this plenum cover design and air flow on EFI systems and also talked to a few professionals on the matter.

And didn't get anything solid. from what I learned on the web and what you guys have told me, I came up with my own solution. So I changed my plenum design to what I figured would work with my setup.

This is what I came up with.

IMG_20111121_162445.jpg

I made it larger in the front and angled the end to keep the air flow even, and I sealed the plenum in.IMG_20111121_162452.jpg

Then I thought How can I measure this................................................Then I remembered I have a sinc for my webers but that only measures suction...........................Thinking again I modified my vacuum,

I put a restrictor in the middle with duct tape and hooked it up to the air chamber.IMG_20111121_171332.jpg

IMG_20111121_171324.jpg

Turned on the vac. and got some great readings from the sinc.

IMG_20111121_172157.jpg

IMG_20111121_172208.jpg

IMG_20111121_172219.jpg

IMG_20111121_172224.jpg

All these ports had the same readings with the sync, I then switch the vac to blower to see how that ran of course I had no way of measuring this so I listend to each port and they all sounded the same.

I guess my question is that is this test accurate?

• Like 1

Did you block off the other ports while you were testing one?

I was thinking the same thing....but then he would get 100% flow from vacuum....????

Which would give all the same readings.... on all the ports

The Unisnyc should be sealed to each individual port....other ones left open?

Turn it around.Seal the meter to the TB"flange"and then seal the hose to each port while the others are taped shut.At least that way you'll be "sucking the right way" :blink:

Of course this isn't going to simulate the real deal,but it MIGHT give you some info to make a reasonable guess with.

I was thinking the same thing....but then he would get 100% flow from vacuum....????

Which would give all the same readings.... on all the ports

The Unisnyc should be sealed to each individual port....other ones left open?

That's how I did the original test, I left all the ports open and just put the sync on one at a time.

I don't have to say this is not a realistic way of going about this.BUT.......having said this,it should show some differences(especially between 1 & 4)and some conclusions can be drawn.And maybe,that conclusion will be that more testing or research needs to be done-who knows?

I don't have to say this is not a realistic way of going about this.BUT.......having said this,it should show some differences(especially between 1 & 4)and some conclusions can be drawn.And maybe,that conclusion will be that more testing or research needs to be done-who knows?

Yeah...I hear ya....moar research :D

Can't remember what site I was at, but... it was on plenum design.

I believe the link was posted by Skib on another Ratsun thread

Was rather informative

Was rather informative

Well?WTF ya waitin' fer?No such thing as too much info unless you're talking about Rosie O'Donnell. :blink:

Ok I ran the test the opposite way with pics take a look.

I used a different vac that fit perfect in the ports.

IMG_20111121_193339.jpg

IMG_20111121_193408.jpg

#4 sync reading

IMG_20111121_193523.jpg

IMG_20111121_193737.jpg

#3 sync reading

IMG_20111121_193800.jpg

IMG_20111121_193917.jpg

#2 sync reading

IMG_20111121_193926.jpg

IMG_20111121_194030.jpg

#1 sync reading

IMG_20111121_194042.jpg

Ok every reading is exactly the same as the the last even with the other vac. I think this is going to work, what do you think?

Was rather informative

Is this what you are looking for?

Its at the bottom of the page

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/23128-fuel-injection-on-a-l20-using-mega-squirt/page__st__20

Is this what you are looking for?

Its at the bottom of the page

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/23128-fuel-injection-on-a-l20-using-mega-squirt/page__st__20

Thanks for the thread you posted helped out a lot

I'm going with my design but will modify the end a little and round it out some

Ill start that when I get back from Oregon.

thanks again for all your helps. Happy Thanksgiving.