EFI info

DATN510

I'm building a L series Turbo for my Datsun 510

I would like to go with EFI if anyone knows where I can get one. If not ill go with carbs. I also need a Turbo Manifold, I can build one if I need to. But if anyone has one that would be a big help.

Thanks for your time.

mike

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EFI Wasn't Made In The USA, Only In A Few Countries.

There Is Also No Such Thing As A Turbo Manifold.

You Will Probably Be Better Off Building Both Of Them Yourself

Instead Of Searching Forever And Then Spending A Ton Of $.

There is a turbo exhaust manifold from a LD20T motor

Very hard to find

Have one

parts494.jpg

I'm building a L series Turbo for my Datsun 510

I would like to go with EFI if anyone knows where I can get one. If not ill go with carbs. I also need a Turbo Manifold, I can build one if I need to. But if anyone has one that would be a big help.

Thanks for your time.

mike

Would these help?

http://www.the510realm.com/download/file.php?id=2601&t=1

• 3 weeks later...

Just would like to know if I need an EFI head with a custom edition Mani?

It depends on who makes your EFI manifold and where they put the injector bosses. I had a custom manifold that didn't require notching. Although there may benefits to having the injector up closer, which would require notching.

So I'm definitely going with EFI. I drew up a set of plans for my buddy to look at and its a go. Now I need to know were I can get info on how long the intake tubes need to be, if I need to modify the head for EFI, how the bungalow measurements are, thickness of metal, how to measure for the air flow on EFI canister if I need to? I also checked out megasquirt and I will go with that, I like the tuning method it has.

I have a manifold a week or two or three from being done.I was of the "as close to the valve as you can group" for awhile.Upon further consultation,my "bung hole" :blink: will be about an inch up the runner to clear the flange bolt.Opinion is that the extra space will let the fuel atomize better as injectors don't do a good job of atomizing.

What's up all, went out yesterday and picked up the materials to build an EFI mani for my L series turbo project, and I have a few unanswered questions.

You all have already helped out a lot and I appriciate it.

My question is on fuel injection bungs on how to mount them on the mani runners, I read that the best place to mount them is an inch from the flange.

But I dont know on the angle and depth or do I angle cut them and weld the in.

Im thinking that the injectors atomizer sits flush on the inside of the runners. But i'm not sure this is why I ask?

Thanks

Mike

Mike this is the 3th thread started about or L series EFI related, so to save space and to keep all this valuable info in one spot for you and others that will read it, maybe we should start a build thread? One thread where I can move everything into and it's all yours. What do you think? Come up with a new title and I'll change it to that too?

This question has little to do with L-series specifically.

Perhaps just change the title to: EFI -- where to locate the injector bungs???

The best place to locate them is where they spray directly at the exhaust valve (or as close to as possible). This is why factory heads are notched, to allow the spray to go deep inside.

If you can't do make that happen, you might as well locate them six inches from the flange or whatever, as long as it's after any bend in the runner.

Whatever, you don't want them flush with the runner wall. You want them angled into the flow.

Not complaining at all. It does save space, but it's way easier to search for info. I'm assuming you are eventually going EFI turbo and that doesn't happen often. Sure would be nice to have one thread that draws all the elements together into one post. Right now it's rather preliminary but everyone has to start somewhere. A noob comes here wanting to "turbo his L16" and can read start to finish and probably find many of their questions answered here rather than jumping through several posts.

In addition a build thread is self energizing. It's yours and is sort of like a diary or blog of your progress.

Other posts would never be deleted, it's all good info that can easily be merged into one.