the cheapest skyline you will ever see

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And not to be amazed, it runs!

No kidding! That's like the cherry on top of this find. Most times on cars like this is rusted out, motor locked and won't even roll but yet people expect you pay 5000 min. Who ever gets this one is gunna be a very happy person.

this is what the owner states:

When I acquired the car I did not know if it would start. The engine has a hand crank. I changed all the oil and spark plugs. I found out that the engine still turns over by rotating it by hand. The next thing I did was block off the mechanical fuel pump and install new gas hoses in the engine bay. I also emptied out the gas tank of old gas. I bought a new electronic fuel pump and then replaced the fuel inlet pipe. The car actually started right up. It ran very sporadically at first. I found out that it was still getting leftover gas so I got the tank boiled. This helped things enormously. It would run at a steady idle and eventually would start to overheat. It would also backfire under load.

Here is a video of it running.

This is me he thanks, I sent him a linky!

"Special thanks to BaT reader Scott F. for this submission!"

Thanks for getting my car on BAT. I have searched high and low and there is little or no information about these cars. Somebody found another car at an estate auction in Oregon. it was shipped directly to Japan for a full restoration. I have pics on my computer at home it was a pink car. It was a deluxe version as well mine is the base model. I have received most my info from a friend in New Zealand.

New Zealand and Australia did not receive the ALSID-1 but recieved the ALSID-2

I do not think there is many of these cars around. That is why you do not ever see them for sale. I know there is a Prince club in Japan and they do not have to many survivors. I should post some of these pictures I have.

There are probably some old skylines rotting away in a field somewhere between here and California. I want to know what happened to the car the previous owner got all the parts from. They also were exported to South America so there could be some good examples there.

The person that wins it better not cut it up because that would make me sad. This car needs to be preserved.

• Like 1

The person that wins it better not cut it up because that would make me sad. This car needs to be preserved.

Wouldn't be surprised if this one heads back to Japan at the end of the auction too! You are very welcome about the BAT submission. It is about the best place for this car to be seen by those with deep pockets that could do it right.

By the way, when I submitted it I said:

"I'd hate for this to fall into the hands of a Chevy guy with a LS1 in the garage! So you could help get the word out!" :D

Welcome ......

So i know nothing of these cars , so, is it skinny like a 320 or is it wide enough to fit three abreast in seats? In the pictures it looks wide but just curious.

Three normal sized people could sit up front. The original brochure I have shows 6 people in the car.

Here are some random pics from my collection of picks.

Here is an pic of them being imported

usa_pmcs.jpg

Here is the mooneyes car apparently it is a private owner based on some info I got from a source. "The car that went back to Japan was actually not bought by mooneyes. It was bought by an individual in Japan who is sort of associated with mooneyes." I think mine is in better shape based on what pictures i have. Looks like the windshield is shattered.

us_alsi_3.jpg

us_alsi_2.jpg

us_alsi_1.jpg

Dont get a boner but this is a Prince club meet in japan

DSC00006.jpg

• Like 1

Three normal sized people could sit up front. The original brochure I have shows 6 people in the car.

I thought size was optical illusion...

So if your not gone forever.....Tell us how does such a rare car come into your possession, way out in Missoula Mt .And please feel free to blabber on cuz im pretty interested, in the story.

And spell check was absolutely no help in spelling Missoula.laugh.gif

I thought size was optical illusion...

So if your not gone forever.....Tell us how does such a rare car come into your possession, way out in Missoula Mt .And please feel free to blabber on cuz im pretty interested, in the story.

And spell check was absolutely no help in spelling Missoula.laugh.gif

The person I bought it from was the 2nd owner. He traded random items for the Prince Skyline. The original owner was stationed over seas and brought it home with him when he returned. This is what I was told, I have no idea if it is true or not. At some point in time the original owner must have found a US skyline for parts. It had to have been a DLX model (like the pink one pictured above). He swapped the bigger motor into the car that I currently have because I do not believe the GB-30 came stock from the factory in the base model. The Vin plate says it should have a GA-30. He also grabbed bunch of other parts figuring he might need them someday. I just happened to see it on craigslist one day. I bought it because he was going to scrap it and that made me a sad panda. It ended up being in really good shape and it did not take me long to get it running. I also figured the clutch and brakes would be seized but they worked right away. I do not know how long it sat before I purchased it but the gas was varnish.

The veteran apparently lived in Deerlodge, mt so I wonder if the parts car is out in the woods somewhere.