240Z / 300ZX LSD conversion MM welded CV adapters

For sale are the welded Modern Motorsports' (MM) 300ZX CV axle adapters for the LSD conversion into an S30 chassis. The core flanges are the 280Z 27-spline versions.

I bought on Ebay and shelved about a year ago and only recently pulled them out to mock them up and realized one of the flanges was welded off center with the adapter piece. Seller and MM were dead-ends for dealing with this :fu:

Look at the second pic closely, it's roughly about an 1/8" off so it would be functional although the CV joint would run in a slight concentric circle instead of a perfect one. The CV joint can compensate to a point. Seller claims he never noticed any problems. I personally think he's a douche, so I have mixed feelings about passing that claim along though.

Anyhoo, just being honest and trying to get what I can from these. I understand some apprehension, but hoping someone will still see the value (it's there, just look real close!). Maybe you are a machinist or know one that can fix this cheaply enough to make it worthwhile. Or maybe you don't mind running these as they are. The OBO price is well below new ones, and these original flanges usually go for around $50 by themselves (that's MM core price btw if you don't have cores).

$99 obo, I paid $175 so having/willing to take a loss already so please don't beat me up much worse ! Like I said there is still some value here.

IMAGES ARE LOST BECAUSE OF F$&%ING COX CABLE DROPPING THEIR WEB SERVICES - I DON'T WANT ANY MORE SPAM SO I DON'T WANT TO USE PHOTOBUCKET OR OTHER SERVICES LIKE THAT. WILL FIND ANOTHER WAY TO POST PICS, BUT IN THE MEANTIME IF YOU WANT PICS, CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL AND I'LL SEND. YES, I KNOW I'M "YELLING"! IT'S ON PURPOSE BECAUSE I HATE COX CABLE RIGHT NOW !!!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine pointed out that the adapter bolt holes could be re-drilled to make everything on center and the assembly could be rebalanced. Again, would need a skilled machinist but just wanted to relay that.

Feel free to share your thoughts about these. I don't want to trash them but I don't want to invest any more in trying to fix the one that's off.

These welded CV adapters do not come up in MM's online catalog anymore so the $395 billet ones are the only option they list for this conversion. And good luck with getting any info even on the billet ones - I never could get in touch with them, but then again I was complaining... not buying, lol !

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.