WTB 1976 Datsun B210 Honey Bee

Hello Everyone! Total newbie here but I am so glad to have found this site. I am hoping someone out there will be able to help me. I am looking for THIS car exactly:

A 1976 Datsun B210 Honey Bee, hopefully with the original gold paint. I'd strongly prefer that it was running but I'll consider one in any condition. I am open to any transmission. Engine mods are fine. I am primarily concerned with it looking as close to original condition as possible (including the infamous bumpers.) I am in California but I am open to anything in the U.S. I will consider any reasonable price. I would also consider a 1977 or 1978 Honey Bee but no hatchback-model B210s.

[/img"]http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g343/deserthoneybee/1976B210HoneyBee.jpg[/img][/img]

If you have one or perhaps know someone who could be persuaded to sell, please let me know. Thank you so much-

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honey Bee only came in 2-dr sedan form, no coupes were ever made.

B210 Standard

* All vinyl interior (no carpet)

* Dog-dish hubcap

* 4-speed only (no auto)

* Side stripe

* Bee decal behind front wheel

Honey Bee was available in light Yellow, Sunshine Yellow, White and Brown.

1976B210HoneyBee.jpg

Sunshine yellow was not available until 1977.

Honey Bee only came in 2-dr sedan form, no coupes were ever made.

B210 Standard

* All vinyl interior (no carpet)

* Dog-dish hubcap

* 4-speed only (no auto)

* Side stripe

* Bee decal behind front wheel

Honey Bee was available in light Yellow, Sunshine Yellow, White and Brown.

1976B210HoneyBee.jpg

Sunshine yellow was not available until 1977.

Thank you for the fast info. The picture you posted is the same one I have. Is that color considered the "sunshine yellow?" I bought a sales brochure with this image on the cover and it said it was a 1976. I remember the all vinyl interior- you'd stick to it so bad your skin would feel like it was gonna peel off until you started sweating so profusely you'd slide around. Whoever thought a black vinyl interior in the desert was a good idea....

Yes, that is the same photo you linked to. The color is off/faded so I cannot tell which one it is. But a 1976 would have been Light Yellow.

The reason for the all-vinyl interior was to keep the price down. The Honeybee was the least expensive Datsun, and marketed as a first-time car for young adults.

I am looking for THIS car exactly:

A 1976 Datsun B210 Honey Bee,

I haven't see one for sale in a while. I don't know if they were available before '76, but since you live in Lancaster, you might consider a '75 or earlier to avoid Cal-Smog. A '76 will need smog checks every two years.

I'd buy those decals ... then buy any 2-door sedan.

Very good idea, 75 or 74 he would need later bumpers, bumper shocks, and the spacer piece. But so much better for no smog crap :D

Someone else told me my best/smartest option would be to get a 2-door sedan and then "clone" it to look like the Honey Bee. I would DEFINITELY be interested in that option. I hope this isn't poor form, and I sincerely don't mean to offend purists, but I really don't *care* so much about the inside of the car. I just really, REALLY want that original look, details and yellow/gold color on the outside. Truthfully, the beige interior offered on the regular B210s would be a lot more comfortable than the black vinyl anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.