Questions on 521 purchase

trforfun

I own an 82 280ZX (among other cars) and I am considering buying a 70 521. It runs/drives fine, newer paint. Needs interior work (door panels, carpet, etc.) He's asking $1200. I haven't seen the truck yet but wanted to know how available parts are (door panels, seats, etc.) Anything I should look for when I inspect the vehicle? Any info greatly appreciated.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the door panels are easy to replicate, the seat you can come by, but will probably need reupholstering, and carpet for the floor..... well, that's going to take some craftyness as well, since it only came with a vinyl floor cover stock.

Overall though, the interior is easy to take care of if you've got someone who's okay with a sewing machine and you've got a vision for it.

And, you're in a freakin mecca for finding these in the junkyards compared to other areas..... so you're doing better than most already ;)

KING PINS!!!!!!

Jack up the front of the truck. grab wheel in underneath and shack it to see if its tight. Most KING PINS are shot that I have seen. Price from 250$(partly yourself) to 600$ to get done.

Lots of people scap out 521 so you can get inside pcs. fairly common. Or make ur own.

Most seats are also shot. I just grabed soem foam and stuck it under the seat covers.