s/c xterra wheel fitment

Phixius

Test fitted some supercharged xterra wheels on the 521 today. 17x8 et40 here are the findings so far..

Fronts with just the rim without tires. Any tire size suggestions?

2011-11-08_16-26-56_589.jpg

2011-11-08_16-26-45_484.jpg

Hits the swaybar when turning left and the brake lines turning right.

and the rears..

2011-11-08_16-50-21_463.jpg

2011-11-08_16-50-32_96.jpg

Hits the frame and spring perch. Not sure if its hitting more on the perch or the frame.

2011-11-08_16-50-48_751.jpg

the gap.

2011-11-08_16-50-40_732.jpg

So Ive learned that s/c xterra wheels dont just bolt right up...

spacers, grinding, bending...

EDIT: Should this be under the wheels tires section?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just use some washers to determine the amount of spacing your need then have them cut out ....or just run the weashers i here they produce some sweet wheel shake...oh and my eskies rub rim on sway bar at lock and tire on inner fender ....i fixed this by not turning as sharp....my lazy ass shold probably readjust the steering stops at some point ...

• 6 months later...

actually got around to putting these things on... To make these fit and be this low, I had to take my 4" blocks off and run 3" blocks with 720 4x4 leaf springs. 3/4" spacer and longer ARP wheel studs. While I was at it I also installed a 3.88 gear set.

2012-05-06_12-34-58_940.jpg

The ARP studs can you tell me the part number please and did you have to drill your hubs or are they same diameter as stock.I like the wheels and as for 17" yea you can go with a 3" block only same problem with my truck.When i put the 18" wheels in the back i could go 4" blocks.Also what tires did you stretch on those wheels.I got 7" wide all the way around and put 235 in the rear and 225 up front.

tristan u are up in my peeps all over there threads.....nice job frank thanks for stopping by and showing me live .... truck looks sweet even if it took your life savings and 6 months to get those wheels

Just helpin' a brotha out until you show up and display your vastly superior truck knowledge :rolleyes:

The tires are 215/40 17 on a 8" rim. The ARP studs are a 100-7701, they slide right in the stock hole, only thing you need to do is grind a flat spot on the knurl like the stock 521 stud.

2012-05-11_18-40-24_355.jpg

2012-05-11_18-41-49_816.jpg

Jrock -- I dont know if I should even acknowledge your posts... I like how when I was standing right next to you, giving you fuel for you to bash me with, you couldent even make out your own sentences when you tried proof reading...

The tires are 215/40 17 on a 8" rim. The ARP studs are a 100-7701, they slide right in the stock hole, only thing you need to do is grind a flat spot on the knurl like the stock 521 stud.

2012-05-11_18-40-24_355.jpg

2012-05-11_18-41-49_816.jpg

Jrock -- I dont know if I should even acknowledge your posts... I like how when I was standing right next to you, giving you fuel for you to bash me with, you couldent even make out your own sentences when you tried proof reading...

Thank you.It sure is a big help to know what i need.I need shorter but this totally puts me in the right direction.
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh when I had no idea wha I was trying to say when I was proofreading my post while u were standing there....what can I say I learned to type on a word processor..... And I stare at my fingers and am too

Lazy to back track on my phone..... It just carries over to my computer skills ..... Ass hat