beatin a dead horse!

tneudy

I know this question has been asked a lot but........No one ever seems to have a solid answer or I just havent seen one. Ive got a 71 510 coilovers front and rear discs front and rear with bre flares. before i decide on wheels whats the correct offset front and back for a 15x8 wheel?? or offset with spacers? no tire stretch or any bs like that just a good offset and tire size. Thanks. and again sorry for the millionth time of putting this Q out there

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this question has been asked a lot but........No one ever seems to have a solid answer or I just havent seen one. Ive got a 71 510 coilovers front and rear discs front and rear with bre flares. before i decide on wheels whats the correct offset front and back for a 15x8 wheel?? or offset with spacers? no tire stretch or any bs like that just a good offset and tire size. Thanks. and again sorry for the millionth time of putting this Q out there

First off, spacers are dangerous bandaids~ throw them and the idea out the window. A standard manufactured 15x8 has a 3 3/4" backspacing~ a nearly zero offset and ideal for road handling and overall suspension longevity due to neutral load centers. Want something other than that, then it's time to get out a tape measure and camera. Without pics for rideheight and accurate measurements we (and you) are shootin in the dark....

A POS wheel, some cardboard, and duct tape can be valuable tools in your quest as well. Jack the car up at the lower suspension arm, keepin the suspension loaded, and measure away....

no tire stretch or any bs like that just a good offset and tire size.

Do you have, or ever plan to have, a slotted rear crossmember to fix the stock camber issues??

What front struts do you have or plan on running??? ...... these are the 2 biggest factors followed by tire size ... 225/45/15 or 225/60/15???

Do you have, or ever plan to have, a slotted rear crossmember to fix the stock camber issues??

What front struts do you have or plan on running??? ...... these are the 2 biggest factors followed by tire size ... 225/45/15 or 225/60/15???

yes slotted crossmember... 280 struts with ermish coilover and camber plates