shaving the 521-how much is to much

521master

ive been thinking of shaving some things on my truck and was wondering if there were any oics of them like,

cowl/wipers

drip molding

door handles/locks

all emblems

and i also have an extra front bumper ive thought about widening and using it for a rear bumper with taillights frenched into it

looking forward to all of your feedback

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i love you guys! i guess none of it looks weird gone is what i was getting at. i will hopefully get started on the fenders soon and start posting more oics

anyone have a front pan i forget what its called but i dont have one at all, i could all ways try to fab something up too i guess

Here is a picture of one that is local up here in the NW, in fact it was just up for sale a few weeks ago, not sure if he sold it or not...But it has shaved handles, locks, bed lip. marker lights, and of course it has a chopped top on it. It also has a custom tailgate and roll pan, but I dont have pics of those sorry..but it gives you an idea of some shaved 521s...And I say shave away. My 620, is all shaved, chopped, etc.. I like the look some dont...have fun and good luck

MISC003.jpg

i really like the shaved door handle look, but on 521s, the handles go well with the body lines, so i think its unnessisary. but maybe like a shaved tale gate (letters and handles) and dehooked would look cool. i wouldnt do it to my truck, but this is your truck so do what you want! have fun!

ps i know there is a guy on here that shaved the tail gate handles and put them on the inside, turned out pretty cool

• 2 weeks later...

i really like the shaved door handle look, but on 521s, the handles go well with the body lines, so i think its unnessisary. but maybe like a shaved tale gate (letters and handles) and dehooked would look cool. i wouldnt do it to my truck, but this is your truck so do what you want! have fun!

ps i know there is a guy on here that shaved the tail gate handles and put them on the inside, turned out pretty cool

i agree lines are good on the 521 that being said i shaved everything on my goon except cowl

I was thinking a 510 rear bumper might be a better starting point. I think they have less curve and would fit the squareness of a pickup bed better. I like the idea though. I know I'm late to the party but this was my brother's 521. Pretty subtle modifications; no antenna, markers, emblems, latches, bed hooks (moved inside the bed), smaller 520 taillights. Truck looks cleaner without screaming KUSTOM.

OregonCanby2009097-1.jpg

OregonCanby2009099-1.jpg